Akron Area ride 3/17

Ault

Just a feeler to see if some people want to meet up and get in the wind for a few hours. Hollywood i'm looking to you... if one of you would be so kind to put a route together that would be awesome

Damn kinda wish I woulda done this than attempt to party in the clusterfuck that was downtown Cleveland yesterday.

The valley isn't awful if you dont have all day to go to SEO. Speedy is just a big ol hater :p

I took 93 out of Akron/Canton but there weren't any curves until just after 21 and one more chicane - if you can call it that - before hitting 241 & 30.

I headed home on 30 and will probably head out again later this afternoon before dusk to check out Hart Road in Akron. I'm not quite ready to go as far as Bolivar with the clip-on's that torture me every time I go for a ride even though I'm now up to just over an hour without too much pain.

I also have learned that a EFI bike will not stop running when on its side and will restart right away. I really love learning new stuff everyday but not from being distracted by a beautiful '70 Cutlass after refueling and forgetting to put up my kickstand.

Edited by baptizo

if you can't go more than an hour then I wouldn't get your hopes up of finding anything with curves around there. Best is the valley and even then you're looking at 1.5 or so

That's the conclusion I've come to rather quickly, too. :(

or a new bike. I just don't understand the penchant for people to have sport bikes on the street they can't ride very far or for long, especially around these parts. Selling my old CBR for my VFR was the best decision in motorcycling I've made yet

or a new bike. I just don't understand the penchant for people to have sport bikes on the street they can't ride very far or for long, especially around these parts. Selling my old CBR for my VFR was the best decision in motorcycling I've made yet

V-Twin, Ducati.....V-Twin. :D

Yeah, I know I'd do better on an SV and it might be the next one I get after 04/15.

I love Ducati's but the ones I like are too expensive and too impractical for my use. It'd just end up being a garage queen. I'll stick with my good ol V4 hon-duh :D

I don't blame you on the Viffer - SSSA, V-4 awesomeness. :D

Or just ride as often as you can to build up muscle memory and endurance.

In three weeks of riding when the weather is decent after a 2.5 year hiatus, I've gone from 25 minutes to over an hour the past two days so it's been helping. I think today's ride was just over two hours with a refueling break, now that I think about it, with a brief act of stupidity on my part (explained earlier).

River view is pretty good, just not very long. It twists through some rock quarries, nice scenery, good pavement. I also like to jump down 40 corners rd into the farm land around marshalville and Doylestown area. North Lawrence is ok too, not super twisty but its open, sweeping hills, hardly any stop signs or cops.

Where is Riverview? Forty Corners west or east from 21? Any particular roads in N Lawrence?

All that seems like its on my way home from my office so I'm always looking for a reason to take the bike to work. I just hate commuting on the bike to my office because there is no other way than 77 and 21 plus I'm supposed to pay for my own gas in the bike as opposed to my truck