my first ride on my klx.

cOoTeR

I finally picked up my klx 450 today and rode it home. It's geared pretty tall to run highway speeds but still has really good acceleration. On the highway it started to get unstable / wobbly at about 75 mph. It turned good although I didn't push it because I'm new to being on a dirt bike and learning as I go. I took it on a primitive mountain road on the way home through the Coronada national forest near tombstone AZ. It was fun and scary there's no guard rails and very steep drop offs. I saw 2 horses and a couple cows on the road. Then I got back on the pavement the rest of the way home. I only got a few pics I'll upload later. O was going to get some from on the mountain but it was too narrow. It's awesome to have a bike to ride on or off road.

Same thing with my dr-350 is stable up to about 65-70 but I have off road only rear knobbie on the back. Try playing with the air in the tires it might help with the highway speeds. I took my dr out for its first bike night today, wish I had some dirt to play in. Post up the pics when you get them.

This appears to be the KLX400 that was the rebadged Suzuki DRZ400 during the brief Kawasaki-Suzuki "alliance" that never amounted to anything. Are you referring to it as a 450 because it was bored out or something? Or am I totally misunderstanding what bike you're talking about because my eyesight is so bad and your photos are so small?

This appears to be the KLX400 that was the rebadged Suzuki DRZ400 during the brief Kawasaki-Suzuki "alliance" that never amounted to anything. Are you referring to it as a 450 because it was bored out or something? Or am I totally misunderstanding what bike you're talking about because my eyesight is so bad and your photos are so small?

It's a 2008 klx450 not bored or anything. Here's an old article on it.

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_bike/141_0703_2008_kawasaki_klx_450/index.html