Wife decided she wants a bike

Meanie

So I am looking for a cheap bike for her to learn on. I am going to go look at a 550 maxim this weekend. I am interested to see if she sticks with it. She still needs to get her permit, then sign up for a class. I'm not planning on helping too much unless she asks for it. I hope she enjoys it.

Well that's the goal. I am taking her with me to look at the maxim. I'm thinking it may be a bit tall, but if it's really close I can shave the seat down since there is about 4 inches of padding on it.

My wife started learning on a Honda Rebel. Those little bikes are great for that. If you can buy it reasonable, you can probably resell it and not take a lo$$.

I then bought her a little 650 V Star Classic which she now rides like a champ.

I had a 2001 Suzuki GZ250 for my oldest son to learn on and he done great on it. I thimk the guy that bought it from me wants to sell it, he bought it for his mom and her health kept her from riding it. All it should need is a battery and a rider, I'll ask him a price if you want send me a PM.

Got my wife a Suzuki Intruder 800 last spring and she has been doing great. Now she likes my FZ1 better and told me to get another bike. She likes the upright position better then the cruiser position.

Edited by 82packer
Fat fingers and riding in a 3/4 ton truck

Got my wife a Suzuki Intruder 800 last spring and she has been doing great. Now she likes my FZ1 better and told me to get another bike. She likes the upright position better then the cruiser position.

That's what I started on and I like the sport position better also

My wife started learning on a Honda Rebel. Those little bikes are great for that.

My wifes Suzuki TU250 was like a Rebel but with fuel injection.

Nice bike, got lots of looks at bike nites as it looks like a vintage bike.

Good beginner bike, low seat and all just doesn't have much get-up-n-go.