riders killed by drunk driver

rick37

It is unbelievable to me that this shit still happens. The murderers defense will be he has a "disease" and isn't responsible. Also since the victims were on a bike they were being irresponsible as well. I've seen it before. This guy will get minimums and be free in 2 years tops.

since the victims were on a bike they were being irresponsible as well.

It is very sad, but the general public simply feels this way.....Many times even law enforcement has this attitude and the media certainly has it. The way these accidents are officially reported by LEOs and portrayed in the news is often very biased.

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.3f070f17.1333988526.751694ab

Anyone else get this? or just me?

EDIT: Works now. weird.

Edited by Scruit

What scares me is all the people that leave QSL on Bike Night. They are almost all drinking. Wives on the back. I always wonder if they have children.

+2 Only been to the one in Columbus but I left early just for that reason.

I saw an updated report on channel 4 last nigh shoing part of the path of the pickup. This guy must have been blind ass drunk!:wtf:

Topo LakeNBC 4

7 minutes ago ·

So all the motorcyclists wanna know what is happening to the drunk who ran down the couple on 142 near London. We are all hopeful this gets the attention it needs to make drivers realize that we have the same right to the roads they do and how irresponsible drivers are to be held "FULLY" accountable for their actions!

Like ·

NBC 4 Topo, He was arrested and charged with vehicular homicide. He has been jailed while the investigation continues.

3 minutes ago · Like

What scares me is all the people that leave QSL on Bike Night. They are almost all drinking. Wives on the back. I always wonder if they have children.

Big fucking +1. What's worse, they have to pass RIGHT BY THE COPS on the way out. I've seen more sportbikes stopped for loud exhaust/license violations then I've seen Harleys' stopped in the parking lot or on Polaris due to DUI. Makes me seriously pissed off.

Did the riders have an endorsement or current insurance?

Honestly I dont see what this has to.do with anything. if they didjt have insurance sure they were breaking the law cuz its required, but doesnt mean it should play a factor in this.

Now as far as endorsements go, even if the driver didnt have his endorsements or even a permit that should make no difference. Yes if they didnt it means they were breaking the law, but doesnt mean the accident eas their fault. If anything the would havr been driving a lil..smarter to as not risk getting pulled over. Cuz I know damn well if im breaking the law im not gunna makr myself stand out.

Now as for.thr pickup sure he was breaking the law, no disputing that.... but his version of breaking the law and the riders version of breaking the law are in 2 totally different ball parks. driving drunk is a serious offense(im guilty myself and defiantly learned my lesson, I wont even drink.more than 1beer if i.drive.now cuz I got my ovi from drinking 2 beers, barley blew over) and drivng eithout endorsements isnt a serious offslense. No insurance is deff more than a slap on the wrist, but it never hurt anyone except the.driver((cuz if they.wreck even min coverage covers uninsuraed moterist)

Honestly I dont see what this has to.do with anything. if they didjt have insurance sure they were breaking the law cuz its required, but doesnt mean it should play a factor in this.

Now as far as endorsements go, even if the driver didnt have his endorsements or even a permit that should make no difference. Yes if they didnt it means they were breaking the law, but doesnt mean the accident eas their fault. If anything the would havr been driving a lil..smarter to as not risk getting pulled over. Cuz I know damn well if im breaking the law im not gunna makr myself stand out.

Now as for.thr pickup sure he was breaking the law, no disputing that.... but his version of breaking the law and the riders version of breaking the law are in 2 totally different ball parks. driving drunk is a serious offense(im guilty myself and defiantly learned my lesson, I wont even drink.more than 1beer if i.drive.now cuz I got my ovi from drinking 2 beers, barley blew over) and drivng eithout endorsements isnt a serious offslense. No insurance is deff more than a slap on the wrist, but it never hurt anyone except the.driver((cuz if they.wreck even min coverage covers uninsuraed moterist)

I bet it will make a difference to the drunk drivers lawyer.., :dunno:

-VanDy