Surprise, fiancé is leaving, cleaning the F'in house sale!!!

Beegreenstrings

Because I don't care to shoot comp anymore. For 7 years my life that is all I have done. I have traveled 2 circuits shooting 2 majors a month and sometimes 2 locals in one day. I enjoy my bows but want more out of life. I have been burned out for a while now. Time to ride the bike meet some of you guys and maybe go to the beach.

That's all you really need man, sorry to hear about this. Hell more funds for hookers and blow and some guns :D

Don't do anything rash bubby, like sell all your sh*t, you're in an emotional time.

Agreed. You can ride the bike with us and go to the beach without selling everything. Then after you clear your head if you still want to sell it, go for it.

Damn dude that sucks, if i had a dollar for everytime i'v heard of a chick leaving her dude once she finnished school id be rich. Seems to be common place:nono:

I can see how it looks that way because you only ever hear the bad stories. How many people tell you that their fiance/fiancee graduated and *didn't* leave?

I had a fiancee that graduated college. This year we are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.

A (sadly) true tale of warning and woe....

Buddy of mine met a girl online. He was in a little bit of debt to begin with, about $15k maybe on credit cards. But while engaged he got a small inheritance and promptly spent it all on a nicer engagement ring. (About what I paid for my car, which was 2 years old). That money could have taken him out of debt.

Once they were married he come to find out she was in about 100k student loan debt, among other things. They tried to find a way of helping her reduce that debt. In the meantime he co-signed on a brand new car for her ($55k car, $10k upside-down in her prior car, $65k loan at 9%)

Then she suggested they refinance her debt into joint names and get a lower rate. They did, and got a huge break on the previously borderline-criminal rates - but to get the best rate she told him the refi had to be in his name only.

Then she left him. Within months. Moved to another state with no warning, just gone.

One her way out of the state she used his credit card (which she was an authorized user of, but not responsible for paying for) to buy her adult daughter a car, and prepaid her divorce attorney $7k.

Finally, she said she was going to filed for dissolutionment and demanded half of the equity on his house (there was none, she came to find out, interest-only loan), half his 401k balance, and half the value of HIS car (worth $4k) while KEEPING the $55k car. Which she quit paying on, but the bank couldn't reach her so they came to him for the $900/mo back-payments and fees, after her skipping 3 months and him not being notified.

When he got his own lawyer (a few more thousand $$$) and told her to pound sand she stopped responding to him. Her lawyer lost contact with her (kept the prepaid money, of course).

SHE wanted to file in HER state and make him travel to each hearing (or hire a local lawyer) to make him fighting the divorce more costly and make him more open to compromise. His lawyer, though, advised him to file in Ohio first, for the same tactical reason. He got his petition files one day earlier than hers, so hers was later dismissed by the court in her state in deference to the Ohio divorce.

She never responded to the Ohio divorce again. After some time the judge granted the divorce on his terms - buddy keeps everything that she didn't already take.

The $55k car was repo'd by the bank and he wound up owing about $30k on that after the car was auctioned. He still had to pay her $100k in student loans because he refi'd them into his name, he owes on his credit cards and he never got the $20k ring back.

He tried to file for bankruptcy, but found he $100k would NOT be discharged because they are student loans.

His credit score is about 390 now, he owes about $150k.

When she left the state it was to go be with a guy that she'd been seeing all the time she was married. Hint: Unemployed people don't go on business trips.

This all transpired over 18 months.

"I ain't saying she a gold digger...."

Not necessarily true.:confused:

only thing i can think of is if there is any equity in the house witch is half hers they might go after that, and her bike which is worth a couple g's they can have that thing(lol). Everything else in in my name:D

Edited by 2talltim

only thing i can think of is if there is any equity in the house witch is half hers they might go after that, and her bike witch is worth a couple g's they can have that thing(lol). Everything else in in my name:D

There is no such thing as "my" name when you get married, its "our" name now my friend. Find me a recent case where the guy actually got the good end of the divorce?

But this changes if one of you dies, then the state says the exact opposite. My grandpa just fought for my grandmas life insurance money but since she never made a will he was screwed out of all the money he had been paying into her life insurance for years. Apparently it doesn't matter that they had been married for 50 years.

Edited by JStump

There is no such thing as "my" name when you get married, its "our" name now my friend. Find me a recent case where the guy actually got the good end of the divorce?

Katy perry and that annoying actor. He was entitled to over 100mil of her money when they split.

But this changes if one of you dies, then the state says the exact opposite. My grandpa just fought for my grandmas life insurance money but since she never made a will he was screwed out of all the money he had been paying into her life insurance for years. Apparently it doesn't matter that they had been married for 50 years.

Wut? Details? If he was named beneficiary, the $ goes to him.

there is more missing to this story.

my mom had a policy for 100k on my dad and they had been divorced like 6-8 years when he passed and she had no problems at all because the policy listed her as the beneficiary

if your gma didnt list a beneficiary, perhaps it went to her "estate" and without a will, the estate can be seized by the state to pay any outstanding debts

not saying it didnt happen to him, but theres more to this story...its not a simple "men dont get anything when a woman leaves/dies"

Wut? Details? If he was named beneficiary, the $ goes to him.

I don't know all the details but I do know he lost $15,000 from what should have been given to him from insurance or the state or some kind of money because she didn't have a will.

if your gma didnt list a beneficiary, perhaps it went to her "estate" and without a will, the estate can be seized by the state to pay any outstanding debts

Actually this sounds like what happened, but she had no debts. They lived in a house they have owned for $40 years and the only thing they had to pay on was a car, which my grandpa then promptly sold because they were trying to get him to pay taxes on it since it was half my grandmas.

Edited by JStump