COLUMBUS**LOOKOUT FOR 2005 RED CBR600rr**

CBR600rr

But if this does end up being your bike, is it worth the hassle of getting it back in 100 pieces with the possibility of having parts missing/broken from a quick disassemble? Has your insurance given you a quote yet on how much it was worth? I mean I would love for this guy to get caught but what happens when he does? Do you just get a box of the parts that are found or what?

should get totalled out as a "theft recovery". At least thats what they did with my cousins bike several years ago. He caught the dude, alerted police and they raided his garage which was like a mile from where he stole it. They found parts to a bunch of other stolen bikes and they cut my cousin a check and said he could buy back the parts and get it titled as such. He declined, moved on to a Harley and hasn't gone back :eek:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i get a respone from him i will ask about it. If the fairings and wheels look the same maybe we can get someone in the Findlay area to stop by and check it out.

Also what kind of exhaust was on it?

Me: Im looking for a set of wheel and fairings to rebuild mine. If you have any pics you can send them to this number. Please give me a price, desciption or pic with reply.

Him: Rims only

Him: I have the red plasctics

Me: Are you willing to part out any of the engine? Or do you want to sell as a whole. Also what do you want for these parts. Some pics would be nice. Im very interested.

Me:

Hey what color are the plastics on ur CBR? I need the upper fairing, front turn signals, and windshield.

Him:

Red and black.

Me:

How much do you want for the upper fairing, signals, and windshield? Is everything stock?

Him:

Yea but idk how good shape it's in.

Me: Do you have pics?

Him:

Not now. I have like a whole cbr 08 apart Im selling. I have pics of that.

I think Im done here... OP? are you there?

But if this does end up being your bike, is it worth the hassle of getting it back in 100 pieces with the possibility of having parts missing/broken from a quick disassemble? Has your insurance given you a quote yet on how much it was worth? I mean I would love for this guy to get caught but what happens when he does? Do you just get a box of the parts that are found or what?

I would assume that it would still be totaled out being that he "sold" the frame. So your not really out anything. What you do get is the chance to by back parts if you want and see the POS gets what he deserves. Also piece of mind that the fucker got caught!

Me: Im looking for a set of wheel and fairings to rebuild mine. If you have any pics you can send them to this number. Please give me a price, desciption or pic with reply.

Him: Rims only

Him: I have the red plasctics

Me: Are you willing to part out any of the engine? Or do you want to sell as a whole. Also what do you want for these parts. Some pics would be nice. Im very interested.

Him: What all parts do you need?

Me: Stator cover, Clutch Cover, wheels and all plastics mostly. What do you want for those? Or if the price is right i will take everything you have. If you have any pictures i would greatly appreciate it. I dont live to close to the Findlay area. I bought my bike back from insurance and trying to piece it back together. It sounds like you have just about everything i need.

Dude is getting real hard to talk to about the 05. He keeps wanting to sell me 08 cbr parts. I have abunch to update that i will do all at once. He did send pics of the 08 parts that i will post also.

Dude is getting real hard to talk to about the 05. He keeps wanting to sell me 08 cbr parts. I have abunch to update that i will do all at once. He did send pics of the 08 parts that i will post also.

Same here. I asked him if they are interchangeable and same black and red. He responds: "Not sure".. :wtf:

wtf

Him: What all parts do you need?

Me: Stator cover, Clutch Cover, wheels and all plastics mostly. What do you want for those? Or if the price is right i will take everything you have. If you have any pictures i would greatly appreciate it. I dont live to close to the Findlay area. I bought my bike back from insurance and trying to piece it back together. It sounds like you have just about everything i need.

Him: I honestly have everything you probaly need. But i have 80% of my 08 cbr left.

Him: I'll send pics.

Him:

picture.php?albumid=997&pictureid=15689

picture.php?albumid=997&pictureid=15688

Me: Are those the 05 parts? Im looking for05 parts.

Him: I have a tore apart 05 motor for sale?

Me: What about the 05 plastics and other parts?

Him: I have headers exhaust and stuff.

Him: Also rear swing arm

Him: All in good shape!(:

Me: A pic of all the 05 stuff would help alot. Do you not have the fairings anymore? Mine are rashed and all busted up.

Him: Mines not perfect eather use to race bikes

--I dont know how else to ask for 05 pics. I may just be done with him. So unless he sends me somehting that has to do with the red 05 cbr he has or had im done. So the balls in your court CBR600rr. Do what you will with this info. Good luck to ya.

that ad was posted the 9th, the bike was stolen yesterday on the 12th....why so much effort contacting this guy about his parts?

Honestly, I cant see the guy being mad if someone thinks the bike was stolen. He posted about the bike being stolen on the 12th, but he didnt say it was stolen today, which means it could of been stolen a few days ago. So ya if this guy is honest than im sure he can see where people are coming from. No one accused him of anything, they just said it was suspicious.

that ad was posted the 9th, the bike was stolen yesterday on the 12th....why so much effort contacting this guy about his parts?

Honestly, I cant see the guy being mad if someone thinks the bike was stolen. He posted about the bike being stolen on the 12th, but he didnt say it was stolen today, which means it could of been stolen a few days ago. So ya if this guy is honest than im sure he can see where people are coming from. No one accused him of anything, they just said it was suspicious.

In basic traning someone had $360 stolen from them, I had $360 exactly and I was questioned about it, but luckily I had 30 people to back me up(including the guy who had his money stolen) I wasnt salty bout it.cuz I could see why I looked suspicious.

I told the seller that i had another line on a parts bike cloer to home that i was going to look at. I left it kinda open so if i need to get back ahold of him i could. In fairness i did tell him to NOT wait on me. Its bad enough i strung him out this long. As of now i have to assume he is legit. So if OP waited a few days to make a report i can still get back intouch if need be.

well if he reported it stolen on the 12th and it was stolen while he was at work...i would assume it was stolen on the 12th...

Hmmm. I can't find any post that says it was stolen at work. In fact as best I can tell (ctrl-F :D) the word "work" does not appear in this thread until you say it.

Was that detail originally posted, then removed when the OP edited his first thread to add the big pic? :confused:

Hmmm. I can't find any post that says it was stolen at work. In fact as best I can tell (ctrl-F :D) the word "work" does not appear in this thread until you say it.

Was that detail originally posted, then removed when the OP edited his first thread to add the big pic? :confused:

I believe it is also stated in the duplicate thread in another section.