Anyone use "Cam2" instead of regular fuel???

Oneshot

Just wondering if anyone uses "Cam2" fuel for daily riding...whether it be straight fuel or mixture and what are the pros/cons with long term use??? I tried it 50/50 today...that is 50% 93 octane and 50% Cam2. Saw amazing throttle response and crazy power.

here's a few things about using race fuel if you don't tune your bike to use it.

1. waste of money

2. if it's leaded (which I believe cam 2 is..it's not a bad thing however...) your stock converter is slowly clogging every second it's running

3. octane is not a measurement of the fuel's energy level. it's just a measurement of it's resistance to pre ignition.

Just wondering if anyone uses "Cam2" fuel for daily riding...whether it be straight fuel or mixture and what are the pros/cons with long term use??? I tried it 50/50 today...that is 50% 93 octane and 50% Cam2. Saw amazing throttle response and crazy power.

The difference is probably all in your head (brain and/or nose), unless you normally run 87 and the bike dials out timing with a knock sensor. There also may be a small gain due to lack of alcohol content - I gave up trying to figure out how much alcohol is in pump gas these days.

Since the fuel is leaded, long term use can damage catalytic convertors and oxygen sensors, if so equipped.

I run CAM2 in my 125cc two-stroke dirtbike for three reasons, none of them really good:

1) I only burn a gallon or two each ride

2) It seems to be more consistent than pump gas with respect to jetting

3) It seems to burn cleaner and reduce carbon deposits in the motor

I ran CAM2 in my 100cc two-stroke race kart for the above reasons plus the fact that any alcohol content would fail fuel testing for oxygenation.

Neither of the above motors actually required 110 octane.

Basically you're just paying a premium for consistent, quality pure fuel.

Well I appreciate all the responses. And to paraphrase my thoughts in response....no I don't "need" any more power from a Cbr 1000. I was simply trying a different fuel to see if it really did change my power as some friends had stated it would. And I did consult a friend who had raced these bikes professionally to make sure I wouldn't harm the engine. He said cam2 could plug things up if ran straight but mixed 50/50 I would notice better throttle response. Whether anyone agrees or not my Cbr 1000 had better throttle response And the engine ran smoother. It's my bike and I ride it the same way Everytime im on it...therefore I should know. No its no worth the price difference just for cruising sake, but if I were to do track days I definately would have it in the tank

If it can plug things up straight what makes you think it won't plug things up diluted? 50-50 it will just take twice as long to ruin your emitions equipment.

Hence..exactly why I simply run one cycle of fuel through the tank...

Always use the lowest octane you can without pinging. That said my old Busa loved the CAM2 leaded gas, but she had high compression pistons, decked head, thin gasket, Brock's exhaust and a sip of funny gas. I have a stage 2 turbo Busa now and run 93.

I can think of one way that high octane fuel will work better in a low octane engine.

If the combustion chambers have so much carbon built up that the compression is higher than it should be and is trying to pre-detonate for multiple reasons.

I think you are doing what most folks do when they slap "race gas" into their bikes... One, the fuel is not doing anything for your bike. A bit of power increase, but unless you have Dyno Jet butt sensors, you really cannot tell. The ol' brain is telling you that there is more power and better throttle response when there is such small % of increase that there's no way.

It's like saying you picked up a few HP from the air filter you put in. You cannot feel single digit HP.

Now, one thing to consider is that you don't have a high compression machine. You are essentially wasting money. Higher octane as Serpent mentioned isn't power, but pre ignition resistance. On a twin, yes. In-Line? No...

So, save that cash, buy only 91-93 at a GOOOOOD fuel station and you'll have the same results. Best thing to do is try and find a station with low Ethanol content in the fuel. That's better than anything...

You can try some U4.4 and even though it is bad for the Cat, it will show you a difference in good fuel...

One thing about occasionally running race gas, is the smell. Gotta love the smell. Adn it sticks around, long after the race gas is gone.

and talk to anybody who has a plastic tanked Duc about ethanol content....make sure you don't have any plans.