More Doom and Gloom For Motorcycles over the Weekend

namtugeoj

Impaired riding and driving, no helmet ignorance, and all our favorite, left hand turners. What can be said for all that.

Just ride like your invisable, not impaired, and under control, how frickin hard is that? :stirpot:

Ride safe all,

Greg

Keep focused and aware out there. My least favorite threads are rip rider threads. We need to keep them to the bare minimum this year

Lets hope that happens. One of the stories stated that one rider was not wearing a helmet.

In the story about the two bikes colliding:

"Police said the rider with the most serious injuries was not wearing a helmet"

Nuff said...

This....

I don't care if i'm going a mile down the road I wear my helmet.

Impaired riding and driving, no helmet ignorance, and all our favorite, left hand turners. What can be said for all that.

Just ride like your invisable, not impaired, and under control, how frickin hard is that? :stirpot:

It depends. Is the rider on a Harley?

This....

I don't care if i'm going a mile down the road I wear my helmet.

I'm not quite this anal about it, if I'm puttsin' around town on a sunny day doing 25, I might forego the safety equip (I can do 25 on a bicycle, and I never wear any gear or helmet on a bicycle)... but 99.99% of the time I'm riding, I keep my gear on.

A guy in Florence KY died yesterday after crossing the centerline and hitting a car head on. On the radio they said LEO's suspected drugs or alcohol were a factor

That kind of reporting irritates me. That's not a motorcycle fatality, that's an OVI fatality. There is no reason to imply that the bike is at fault.

Not much different than when they report about guns rather than shootings. As if people would be happier if there was a stabbing death instead.

I'm not quite this anal about it, if I'm puttsin' around town on a sunny day doing 25, I might forego the safety equip (I can do 25 on a bicycle, and I never wear any gear or helmet on a bicycle)... but 99.99% of the time I'm riding, I keep my gear on.

I guess since im still a noob on the road with a bike i want to make sure im safe.

Sad to hear about all of the incidents over the weekend and I almost got hit yesterday heading out of my own neighborhood thanks to a brainless idiot at the Prestwick C.C.

More people riding equals more wrecks.

I get annoyed by hearing about every wreck. Thank god we don't have someone that does car wrecks too.

A member of the site though is a good reason to share if they died or not, but just posting about wrecks is lame IMO and someone we don't know personally too. No offense to original poster.

If you are constantly obssesing over wrecks or deaths then maybe you shouldn't be a rider. Be safe but don't be thinking of faces of death 24/7.

Edited by NinjaNick

I think that one was a left of center also, of a group of three.

Left of center seems to be a factor right now.

I'm thinking inexperience is part of these.

It's still listed as the number one cause in England.

I think that one was a left of center also, of a group of three.

Left of center seems to be a factor right now.

I'm thinking inexperience is part of these.

It's still listed as the number one cause in England.

everyone rides to the left of center in England.

So a car can not t-bone you if you are only going 25? I think this can be just as dangerous as doing 70 on the highway because people under/over estimate how long they need to pull out or do not see you. At least on the highway everyone if going to same direction but in town people are just dumb.