So hippies, what now?

Tonik

I'm not a proponent of "human caused" global warming, as there is documented evidence of times in this planet's history where there has been no permanent ice at all..

However, I am a proponent of alternative energy, fossil fuels aren't going to last forever... and I'd rather get started on this problem now than wait until we run out...

fossil fuels aren't going to last forever...

You might be too young to know this, but according to Jimmy Carter we ran out of oil in the early 80's. I understand your point, but tossing money we don't have at this right now is foolish. As oil supplies diminish prices will rise, and it will become profitable for companies to do the alternatives on their own. So lets stop throwing my/your tax dollars at this.

FWIW, we have been subsidizing wind power since the mid 70's. How is that working out for us?

FWIW, we have been subsidizing wind power since the mid 70's. How is that working out for us?

Quite well, wind power has grown in leaps and bounds, we've also been subsidizing the oil companies... how has THAT worked out?

Cut 2 off???

They have altenatives but there is still to much money to be made with oil. It will not change anyway soon.

please present the reasonable alternatives. Money is a byproduct, its not THE reason

You might be too young to know this, but according to Jimmy Carter we ran out of oil in the early 80's. I understand your point, but tossing money we don't have at this right now is foolish. As oil supplies diminish prices will rise, and it will become profitable for companies to do the alternatives on their own. So lets stop throwing my/your tax dollars at this.

smart man!

We'll see natural gas, gas pumps at every station before we die. Be cool to fill up at your own house too.

unfortunately I highly doubt this at the current rate of "forward thinking" that the government has

Not to mention don't tell people natural gas is the one non-renewable resource that would be the easiest to synthetically reproduce

All my electric except for AC (high wattage) comes from solar. Pretty cheap and easy to do nowadays. I get my heat and cooking fuel from propane. Have wood capacity when I may need it. When shtf I'm going to be laughing my ass off at you idiots still trying rely on the grid for everything because of your "anti-green" pig-headed stupidity.

All my electric except for AC (high wattage) comes from solar. Pretty cheap and easy to do nowadays. I get my heat and cooking fuel from propane. Have wood capacity when I may need it. When shtf I'm going to be laughing my ass off at you idiots still trying rely on the grid for everything because of your "anti-green" pig-headed stupidity.

good thing I work where I do because my anti-green pig headed stupidity will give me 5-7 years to develop plan b when shtf ;)

Here's another that's going to piss you off. I compost my black water into fertilizer and get over half my fresh water from a homemade rain water collection system. mwhahaha. Have fun fighting the zombies for your basic essentials dipshits!

Here's another that's going to piss you off. I compost my black water into fertilizer and get over half my fresh water from a homemade rain water collection system. mwhahaha. Have fun fighting the zombies for your basic essentials dipshits!

i learn all i need to know from this guy:

sunisgoing.png

I'm not a proponent of "human caused" global warming, as there is documented evidence of times in this planet's history where there has been no permanent ice at all..

However, I am a proponent of alternative energy, fossil fuels aren't going to last forever... and I'd rather get started on this problem now than wait until we run out...

And may obscene profits fall upon the person who develops a cleaner, cheaper product.

I'm going to throw it out there that there's a good chance that they didn't take into account the thermal mass of all the metal that is in the wind turbines.... so it's warm during the day, then they let off heat at night.... or it could be from turbulence... lol... I'd like to actually see some of the studies that people report on. Most of the time it is misreported or the real study is unable to actually draw accurate conclusions due to the large number of variables involved.