CL..find Semi cheap track bike

2talltim

From a guy that raced in 94 and raced the different F2s and F3s, the Honda would be a better choice amongst the two. The E series ZX6s were fast straight line, but turds in terms of handling. I had a buddy that tried to race the E model and was thanking sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus in 95 when the 6R came along.

Just my $.02 in regards to your choices.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, I bought my F2 with more race goodies than that for $1250 and sold it for $1450.

And like someone else said, you can find fuel injected bikes for $2200 or so these days. They won't have penske shocks or anything, but frankly the overall improvements of 10 years of technology outweigh virtually any upgrades you can make to an older bike...

If anyone is serious about a track bike i know Pegram's shop just got a few in that will be available shortly. May want to contact them for details but i can tell you they are a lot newer than these and i would say you would have a competitive bike vs buying an older one like that.