Got pulled over

co0kie

Hey Cookie.

Here's a link for all the info to get you Motorcycle Endorsement so you don't have this issue again.

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/

Here's a link for info on the impound lot if you have not picked your bike up yet.

OSU.

http://tp.osu.edu/citation/vehicleremoval.shtml

Cbus

http://www.columbuspolice.org/Postings/impound.pdf

The easiest way to enjoy this sport without hassle is to get your endorsement. Then further educate yourself on the law and what is required to ride street. There are really very few requirements. Failing to follow even something you feel is trivial opens you up to many more problems and expenses. A LEO cannot just let you off on a warning if you get caught riding without an endorsement. If he/she let's you go and you kill/injure yourself or others that LEO is liable. This was unfortunately a very inconvenient and costly lesson. That said you're a big boy now and have to play by the rules. Judging by your initial comments you still have a good deal of maturing to do. Please take this opportunity to do the right thing. Go get your Temps and enroll in a Basic Rider Course. It is only $25 out of your pocket and well with your time.

Swallow your anger and percieved pride and do the right thing.

If you need help in any way just ask. I have no issue helping a fellow rider.

We need a smiley of nelson from the simpsons, "ha ha".

uninsured motorist is part of minimum coverage, but if your bike is up for the winter you can drop uninsured moterist.(atleast thats what progressive told me)

I roll with full coverage, but I would prob never make a claim unless it's worth it.

it varies by company, it is not always part of minimum coverage

I have a slide down "sunglasses" thing on my helmet but I still ride with regular sunglasses regardless if the visor is up or down. And yes it should be common sense to ride with some kind of eye protection. I'm sure we all have been smacked in the face/helmet a time or 2 by rocks or bugs. Even the smallest freaken bug can feel like a paintball being shot at you at point blank range. how about one of those to the eye? not fun I would imagine and hope to never find out.

Im thankful for my visor when a bug the size of a marble hits it instead of my eye. Lol

This, I had a nice size one leave a skid mark as it splattered. As well some nice pebbles that fly up.

I rode through a swarm of bees last summer on 23 S. that peppered my shield, jacket, and bike. I counted 30 bee corpses on my jacket alone. The mess was made worse when I used my glove to try and "clear" my visor. I would have hated to take those stinging little bastards in the face!

Bird crapped on my bike yesterday. Bird. Crapped. On my bike.

Landed on my windshield. Like about tablespoon of McDonalds vanilla mikshake with a pea-sized piece of heaven right in the middle. If I was one foot further down the road it would have got me in the helmet.

Bugs? Nothing.

Rocks? Hah.

Ballistic Birdshit? Hardcore. Still wanna skip the eye protection?

• Upvote 1

I rode through a swarm of bees last summer

I took a bee to the neck last week...

I was rocking the throttle pretty hard getting on the freeway, and thought it was a piece of gravel at high speed, then it started to burn...

Even though it wasn't motorcycle related a shot to the eye can sting, I received this present Saturday. I had safety glasses on but the air from the die grinder blew the grindings into my face and some made it under the glasses. I've collected bugs at 25 mph that didn't feel any better than this.

Hope the guy at least learns to keep the shield down to protect his eyes.

cidimg959498.png

By arshooter at 2012-05-15

I rode with the guy a week or two ago in a group. Seemed like he was squiddish. I mean I have been riding for about 9 months and I'm still learning.....but riding is something I have taken seriously from the start. Immediately got my permit and got my endorsement a couple months ago. I never ride without helmet/visor and glasses underneath. I just don't understand why anyone would come on here and wish death on a cop (and don't get me wrong.....my Dad is a retired cop, but for the most part I don't like cops) for doing his job. This isn't the anonymous internet....it's OR where you will be meeting the people you communicate with.

Co0kie take squiddishness to the next level.....he's more like an octopus.