Got pulled over

co0kie

Its the parents fault for making them go to school.

No it's society fault hell lets just blam everyone were sure to blame the right people that way right :dunno: squids gonna do what a squids gonna do son. Now to keep in mine that if the OP is an OSU student he will learn to STFU about what he says on here. Remember the student code of conduct this thread is more than enough to get him in some hot water. Just some food for thought.

No its the cops fault for not tasing them and forcing them to go to school.

Man shooting police, police tasing parents, riding on the roads makes people violent. Any of you thought about off road riding. :rolleyes:

chevy get the fuck out my thread stop bumpin your post up son get a life

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

*learning the ropes*

*gixxah 600*

*riding without eyepro*

*cannot figure out punctuation*

*mad at everyone*

*did not realize that WISHING SOMEONE DEATH was a THREAT*

I'm sure you behaved well at the traffic stop, and should be exonerated promptly. ;)

Wow I feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this post. All I wanted to know was what Ohio's law is on eye protection. Then I wanted to know what really happened in the stop. :( Damn I'll never get them 20 minutes back....................

Man shooting police, police tasing parents, riding on the roads makes people violent. Any of you thought about off road riding. :rolleyes:

I was refering to the cop that tased the kid for not going to school after his mom called and said the kid refused to go.

Wow I feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this post. All I wanted to know was what Ohio's law is on eye protection.

ORC 4511.53(B) states that all motorcyclists must wear eye protection while operating the motorcycle (which includes stopped at red lights). The eye protective device must conform to OAC 4501-17-04. (Ohio Administrative Code)

(A) “Goggles” : a device consisting of glass or plastic eye pieces or eye-cups; commonly manufactured for and used by motorcycle operators and passengers; held in place by a headband or temple piece; provided with shields at the sides; with lenses made of safety glass; all of which provide adequate and reliable protection of the eyes from debris, wind, moisture, light, dust, cold, or any combination of these or other elements.

(B) “Face shield” : a protective device attached to a helmet that covers the wearer’s face at least to a point approximating the tip of the nose, designed to provide adequate and reliable protection of the eyes from debris, wind, moisture, light, dust, cold, or any combination of these or other elements.

© “Windscreen” : a transparent device mounted on a motorcycle forward of the operator designed to deflect wind and/or objects from the body and face of the operator and passenger, and which is of such a height, construction, and durability as to actually protect the riders when seated in a normal riding position for the particular vehicle being operated.

(D) “Spectacles” : ordinary eye pieces with lenses made of safety glass when worn or used by an operator or passenger on a motorcycle.

(E) All of the above when used individually or in combination shall constitute protective eye devices.

(F) Such protective eye devices shall consist of a transparent, shatter-resistant material so manufactured, fabricated, or treated as to substantially prevent shattering or flying when struck or broken.

Incidentally, I read this as "If you flip up your visor at a red light, then as long as you have a full size windshield then you're still considered to be using an approved protective eye protection device." Hmm...

What type of bike was the OP on? Did it have full windshield? Or a tiny ineffective windshield. If a full windshield that comes up to next height while seated normally then that could be a defense to the ticket that I'm assuming he got based upon how much me whined and cried like a 5yo having a tantrum.

Edited by Scruit

no just wanted to make up a story to be cooll like u and have 13,0000 post and act like im the shit on OR thats alll :D

chebby is the shit on OR................................................................................................................................................................................................... when im not around:dunno::lol:

ORC 4511.53(B) states that all motorcyclists must wear eye protection while operating the motorcycle (which includes stopped at red lights). The eye protective device must conform to OAC 4501-17-04. (Ohio Administrative Code)

Incidentally, I read this as "If you flip up your visor at a red light, then as long as you have a full size windshield then you're still considered to be using an approved protective eye protection device." Hmm...

What type of bike was the OP on? Did it have full windshield? Or a tiny ineffective windshield. If a full windshield that comes up to next height while seated normally then that could be a defense to the ticket that I'm assuming he got based upon how much me whined and cried like a 5yo having a tantrum.

Thanks for posting the ordinance, I'm fairly new to Ohio and didn't know about the requirement for eye protection with a full face helmet (odd).

Also, about the full windshield, in the BMV issued Motorcycle Operator Manual it states that a full windshield doesn't take the place of or substitute for appropriate eye protection (faceshield or goggles). I'm not surprised, however, that the two don't agree with one another.

• Upvote 1

From a liability perspective, the lawyers will tell you you need seperate eye protection from the windshield. If the lawyers had their way they would require windshielf, visor AND goggles. Cub Cadet's lawyers tell you not to mow your lawn when children are present, but the law does not say that.

Legally, the sticking point is "what constitutes an effective windshield".

Stop characterizing things as if "the lawyers" have an opinion one way or another. If they're working for cub cadet, their job is to prevent cub cadet from being sued. If they're working for the government, their job is to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Attorneys don't have opinions; they have arguments that support their client's stance, and/or refute the opposition's stance. There will be lawyers on both sides of any issue.

Stop characterizing things as if "the lawyers" have an opinion one way or another. If they're working for cub cadet, their job is to prevent cub cadet from being sued. If they're working for the government, their job is to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Attorneys don't have opinions; they have arguments that support their client's stance, and/or refute the opposition's stance. There will be lawyers on both sides of any issue.