Is it too early.....?

madcat6183

He ran 1:07-1:08's last time he was there. He needs to stop riding in intermediate and move up for sure.

:wtf: That crooked cocked SoB is only running I!!!

And here I thought Rob was a pussy for doing 18 novice track days before moving up.

:D

i was a bit nervous moving up to advanced but it is so much better. less traffic and more predictable and faster riders. you wont get any faster riding with slower riders. when i was in intermediate i had a hard time getting more than 1 or 2 fast laps without being slowed down. in advanced, you dont have to worry about it. you get to do the entire session as full pace. trust me, as a fellow that was in your same shoes at the beginning of this season, you will love it in advanced

A is way safer. Yes people will pass closer but they will be gone before you know it. You don't have to worry about rearending someone going into a corner when the toss out the anchor. You also don't get the HP junkie on the 1K blasting down the straight to do 10 in the next corner.

Don't let madcat know that, he will try to get you in his trailer. :eek:

You mean another newbie I can get to swing to the dark side? Oh hell yes, this is going to be like a party in my pants/trailer all weekend!

All you better be packing the KY Jelly, industrial size.

And on a serious note, yes, Adv. is way safer than Int. Int. is scary because you get people way too slow, or that just suck in general and are dangerous, unpredictable, etc.

I know Friday at Nelson a couple sessions ago, I got run off the track going into 4 after showing a wheel on the outside, dude was totally off any race line, and I had passed about 20 people there, then dude just keeps coming and basically blocks me and runs me right into the old track. Needless to say I was pissed, then the next day, he was running Novice!!!!

I moved up to Adv. that saturday after running 1 Int. but it was too busy and I just wanted to work on passing a few guys.

I'm signing up for Adv. tomorrow and mini 20.

Shooting for 4's, who's with me.

This will be my goal for the weekend as well. Scary thought for me...if race tires cut the same 3 seconds off at beaver as it did at nelsons, that would mean 3's?! Still just hoping for a 4, even a 5 would make me happy.

...watching liter bikes run away down the straights.

Sucks doesn't it? :D

It's also a good opportunity to practice passing. And I don't just mean blowing by some schmuck running 5 seconds slower. I mean having the patience to stay a little behind that litre bike on the back straight into turn 9 so that you don't have to slam on your brakes when he drops anchor. Then use your faster corner speed to catch and pass him on the drive out.

I've setup Hutch going into 10 last season. :D By the time I follow for a lap or two to try to figure out what unpredictable line they're probably going to take I just settle in and don't bother. Instead I work on something I need to like a certain section or body work, etc.