Cincinnati buy & mount front tire

thereallukeg

I am new to the motorcycle game, just bought and sold a 250cc nighthawk I learned on, and now have to replace the front tire on my new (to me) FZR600R.

Where is a good place to go to get the tire mounted and balanced? I dont own anything yet, so if a place will mount it for free if I buy it there, I am sure that is better than saving a few pennies online and then shelling out 50$. Any advice is appreciated.

110/70/17 are the specs, but i am sure that doesnt matter to much at this stage in the game. I respond quick to comments and questions :)

Sorry, but I can't turn ya on to any shops that mount for free. Two places I know of that are prolly your best bet for decent price/service is either SportTour [www.sporttour.com] 11386 Reading Rd 45241, or the AFJ Race Shop [www.afjraceshop.com] on 3926 Eastern Ave 45226. Last time I bought tires was from ST and they charged $25/wheel for mount&balance.

• Upvote 1

Thats great advice across the board, I'm going to try to take my wheel off tonight (never done it before), and have it ready for my tire that says it will be in tomorrow night.

ill report back positive news hopefully Friday night

Dedicated MC stands are nice to have for the long run in terms of on-going maintenance chores, but you can get by for free in a pinch. Place the bike on the center stand (I'm assuming your bike has one). Simply raise the front of the bike either using a jack or a prop of some kind under the motor, or alternatively, run a rope/strap to an overhead support point (like a ceiling hook or joist) and lift the front by the bars. Without a center stand, it becomes a little more problematic, but not impossible.

Cheapest place to find stands is Harbor Freight (new) or keep an eye out on CL.