Ohio has the best ice cream!

magley64

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/america-s-best-ice-cream.html

1. Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams

Columbus, Ohio

Favorite Flavor: Brambleberry Crisp (Cost: $4.50)

With its broad selection of creative flavors — ranging from Wildberry Lavender to Riesling Poached Pear Sorbet to Brambleberry Crisp — it's no wonder Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams has foodies swooning across the nation. Jeni Britton Bauer's handmade sorbet, frozen yogurt, and ice cream push the boundaries of dessert artisanship. What makes her batches so delicious? Key ingredients, like grass-grazed cream, whole fruits, and fair-trade vanilla. You'll find Jeni's original shop in the North Market of Columbus. There are currently eight other stores spread across the state and two additional locations in Nashville.

grass-grazed cream, whole fruits, and fair-trade vanilla

I can taste the hay in every drop of grassy cream. And, we'll have none of those half fruits (we have enough of those on OR). Fair trade vanilla...mmm...you don't get the subtle, woodsy bouquet of an equitable bargain in just any old ice cream.

I kind of hope there's trace rat feces in every scoop, just to punish whoever describes and enjoys foods with such grandiose adjectives.

Jeni's is made exclusively with Snowville milk from Athens, OH, which a majority of Giant Eagle's and possibly some Krogers are carrying around here. Maybe even you godless heathens in Cleveland and Cincy have it by now.

Yeah, it's more expensive than the regular stuff and it goes bad a little faster, but I swear it tastes 10x better than the normal factory farm, 100% corn-fed stuff. Also, Snowville doesn't homogenize their milk so the fat is still intact and tastes fucking delicious. You can take a gallon of their whole milk and churn out your own butter since nobody screwed with the natural fat, which all you SHTF'ers might want to pay some attention to for your stockpiles.

Im more of a younges dairy kinda guy

I second this motion, although Baskin Robbins was always really good too from what I remember 25 years ago.....Havent been to one since then so their recipes/suppliers may have changed since the 80's:dunno:

Jeni's is made exclusively with Snowville milk from Athens, OH, which a majority of Giant Eagle's and possibly some Krogers are carrying around here. Maybe even you godless heathens in Cleveland and Cincy have it by now.

Yeah, it's more expensive than the regular stuff and it goes bad a little faster, but I swear it tastes 10x better than the normal factory farm, 100% corn-fed stuff. Also, Snowville doesn't homogenize their milk so the fat is still intact and tastes fucking delicious. You can take a gallon of their whole milk and churn out your own butter since nobody screwed with the natural fat, which all you SHTF'ers might want to pay some attention to for your stockpiles.

Snowville FTW! We drink it exclusively at our house.

Thats yogurt.

You remember the goshen dairy on chestnut?

Its custard. It took Dayna over a year to get me to eat it because I thought it was like custard pie... which I dont like haha. Now its the only Ice cream I eat. I get the fish bait in a adult size haha. Vanilla custard, Cookie dough pieces, and gummie worms on top, I give the worms to Sasquatch to munch on.

Hell yeah I do! Dad used to take me in there to get a VHS and Ice cream all the time!

Ive been enjoying Hartzler and Snowville Farms milk for a number of years here in Cleveland. Hartzler is also non-homogenization and comes in your traditional returnable glass jug.

Heinen's has alway been pretty good about carrying a number of locally produced foods.

Ofcourse I grew up drinking the stuff straight from my grandfathers farm. I never lost the habit of shaking the milk jug before pouring. :D

Craig