Live in western Ohio?

buildit

Then you realize there are no local state ORV areas and private riding areas like Dayton Dirt Riders require a membership. So what's the Western Dual Sport rider who wants some off road riding to do? Check out Hidden Springs Ranch in Springfield Ohio. A great resource for Western Ohio dual sport riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9WTlHKWI0

For MX track lovers there's Pusheta Creek MX park outside Wapakoneta

http://www.pushetacreekmx.com/

Good find:read: There are a number of private MX tracks in western Ohio because they require far less space. But actual off road areas are not as numerous. This used to be Buds and it got a bad rap for torn up trails and general lack of care. I've been pleased to see the turn around.

There is also Thrashing trails in Enon but they let anything from side by sides to jeeps in there and it is falling into poor condition from what I've been told.:rolleyes:

Can you 4 wheel there too? Are there places where you can rent dirt bikes for off road courses?
I don't know of any rental places nearby but ATVs are allowed but closely watched. The days of quads wallowing like pigs in a mud hole to see how deep they can get it are gone.
they should go to SE ohio.

If they have two to three hours to drive there, yes it would be better. But not everyone has time for 4-6 hours of driving to go play.:rolleyes:

For those interested:

Contact us text message or phone *

Hidden Spring Ranch

4624 Dayton Springfield Rd

Springfield OH , US , 45502

Call:Kim @ 937-206-1028

And in case you're thinking a big dual sport wouldn't be a good bike there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xN4vm_wno

This video was from back in Febuary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYDPF74NBoY

Edited by buildit

It looks like Eaton is about half way between the two. Can't compare the two as I've never been to Haspin but hope to make it there and to Red Bird some time this summer.;)

Uhhhhhhh what's in Eaton? I live there and I don't know of an off road park. Would love to know if there is, I've got a cannondale cannibal that needs a workout.

There is Longs Quarry in Lima. Not very big and the maintenance isn't very good, but it is a place to ride and close (for me at least) for the day.

Tried to go riding at Longs lake on wednesday and they apparently close at 6 which means no weekday riding for me and they also closed off everything on the West side of the river except the Airstrip which is boring. Some asshat on as quad decided the bean field would be a great place to do doughnuts. so the Farmer ended up buying the land.

On a side note, when the guy came over to tell us that they were closed he was Holding a High point in his hand. it took a minute before he stuck it in his back pocket with his wallet. couldnt even bribe him with $20 a piece to ride.

Tried to go riding at Longs lake on wednesday and they apparently close at 6 which means no weekday riding for me and they also closed off everything on the West side of the river except the Airstrip which is boring. Some asshat on as quad decided the bean field would be a great place to do doughnuts. so the Farmer ended up buying the land.

On a side note, when the guy came over to tell us that they were closed he was Holding a High point in his hand. it took a minute before he stuck it in his back pocket with his wallet. couldnt even bribe him with $20 a piece to ride.

I haven't been there in quite a while. Didn't know the west side was even closed.

• 1 month later...

I've never been to Haspin Acres and I grew up in the adjacent county. Always hear about it but need to go sometime. When we going Luke? My dad also has a farm in Rush County that we can play on. ;)

It looks like Eaton is about half way between the two. Can't compare the two as I've never been to Haspin but hope to make it there and to Red Bird some time this summer.;)

Be careful at haspen. Lots of drinking, riding, drinking. I was there a few years ago and between all Crap that was being used to play in the dirt( they let anything in). It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.

I need to check out Richland Furnace too. I've never been there either.

Perry scared the hell out of me because of being such a mess with the trees down plus I was lost as soon as I left the parking lot. :( I won't go back there unless I'm with someone familiar with the place.

I went to Pike yesterday and it's pretty tame compared to Perry. No single track at all and no riding off trail.

I guess I should clarify, the Outlaw Richland Furnace before it was closed down and made a non motorized vehicle area. Richland Furnace ORV area is fine and always has been. But it has been expanded since those days. Last time I was there was before the big wind.