Don't hit & run you will be caught

Uncle Punk

Ok, on the second one I'm not so sympathetic with the STI driver. Boo hoo, I'm so sorry you can't wind out your car because of some lesser skilled riders (in your opinion). Pull over, let them get clear of your path and stfu.

Ok, on the second one I'm not so sympathetic with the STI driver. Boo hoo, I'm so sorry you can't wind out your car because of some lesser skilled riders (in your opinion). Pull over, let them get clear of your path and stfu.

the bike clipped the wrx. and he tried to run.

So today after work, I was cruising up to the lake with some friends to enjoy the nice day. Out of no where this CBR that was behind me and two other friends decides to try and pass us. He comes up next to me at about 80 and realizes he's coming in too hot and locks the rear brakes and gets the rear end squirrley and clips my front bumper.

He then tries to take off. After chasing him for a mile he finally gives up and pulls over. Luckily there wasn't much damage and the bumper popped back in.

I happened to catch it all on my GoPro.

Edited by serpentracer

boy you've been out of the loop for a while. that happened sometime last year in kentucky on Rt22. a road a lot of us around here ride.

he got 2 years on prison for it.

http://www.maysville-online.com/news/local/article_051d0ae6-32be-55a3-8c37-f0aee97a0bae.html

Not really out of the loop, I'm fully aware of the outcome and discussions that took place when that happened. I was trying to prevent a debate that I've seen happening on other forums about the hit and run video where sport bike guys seem to think that a four wheeled vehicle can't keep pace with two wheeled vehicles on the back roads. A pickup is not a sports car yet loaded it was able to keep a decent pace and probably could have gone faster as with most vehicles on back roads if the riders wanted to pick up their pace.

Not really out of the loop, I'm fully aware of the outcome and discussions that took place when that happened. I was trying to prevent a debate that I've seen happening on other forums about the hit and run video where sport bike guys seem to think that a four wheeled vehicle can't keep pace with two wheeled vehicles on the back roads. A pickup is not a sports car yet loaded it was able to keep a decent pace and probably could have gone faster as with most vehicles on back roads if the riders wanted to pick up their pace.

he didn't keep pace with that guy in the front at all. hell by time he showed up at the end of the road the other dude was already sitting there for a few. he could probably easily keep up with a unskilled rider though. so you're point is very valid.

though aimed at the wrong crowd. the people that shouldn't be getting upset and trying to run down a motorcycle is the car/truck drivers.

but the guy in the first video you posted deserved to be chased down.

he didn't keep pace with that guy in the front at all. hell by time he showed up at the end of the road the other dude was already sitting there for a few. he could probably easily keep up with a unskilled rider though. so you're point is very valid.

though aimed at the wrong crowd. the people that shouldn't be getting upset and trying to run down a motorcycle is the car/truck drivers.

but the guy in the first video you posted deserved to be chased down.

Yup yup

You need to be able to crush them on the straights between turns like I can. Fuck an awd box shaped car like a wrx or lancer.:D

You must be drinking to not realize that all anyone would have to do is follow the sound of the loud pipes. You should have left it as the electric bike that is was.

You must be drinking to not realize that all anyone would have to do is follow the sound of the loud pipes. You should have left it as the electric bike that is was.

:lol: funny because I AM drinking Beam.

Damn thing was silent stock huh? You just took me back to the Coshocton ride of '09. This thread officially became nostalgic. :D

The thing about outrunning someone on a bike is that if you screw up you're probably gonna die. Gotta weigh the odds.

Exactly my point. I'll outrun your run of the mill ford focus without even thinking about it. But dealing with an angry guy that is driving a car with a faster 0-60 than a Porsche 911, well that becomes a test of who has the bigger balls. And I'll tell ya, on a public road my balls are small :D

I think many people underestimate the true speed of cars on public roads. Their risks are much smaller therefore their balls can be artificially bigger.

Any sporty car with a half way decent driver could keep up with almost all bikes with a similar skill level.

I would only run if I felt I was in more danger by stopping than by running.

agree with turnone.

a modded sti should have no problem keeping up with a bike on the roads...theyre faster than many people give them credit for.

they also should be able to hit the turns much faster, more grip = faster turns.

it would take a 1k with a good rider to outrun a mildly modded wrx on public roads.... 600 vs sti should be an even competition, the sti shouldnt be much slower than the 600 on the straights, and it should make the corners faster....a decent driver can whip a car around public roads, but it takes a very skilled rider to go those same speeds.....new driver vs new rider, i would say the car wins. with a decent driver and decent rider, i still say the car gets it. a good rider on a 600 would be an even race for a decent driver in a fast wrx....if the wrx driver was a good driver, i would even put it up against a 1k with a good rider (keeping up, not passing).....of course this is all bench racing. just saying that i dont think its so cut and dry as to say the bike should have blown the car away.

Edited by Steve Butters

agree with turnone.

a modded sti should have no problem keeping up with a bike on the roads...theyre faster than many people give them credit for.

they also should be able to hit the turns much faster, more grip = faster turns.

it would take a 1k with a good rider to outrun a mildly modded wrx on public roads.... 600 vs sti should be an even competition, the sti shouldnt be much slower than the 600 on the straights, and it should make the corners faster....a decent driver can whip a car around public roads, but it takes a very skilled rider to go those same speeds.....new driver vs new rider, i would say the car wins. with a decent driver and decent rider, i still say the car gets it. a good rider on a 600 would be an even race for a decent driver in a fast wrx....if the wrx driver was a good driver, i would even put it up against a 1k with a good rider (keeping up, not passing).....of course this is all bench racing. just saying that i dont think its so cut and dry as to say the bike should have blown the car away.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with this. Having had an 09 600rr, my buddy with his mildly modded sti couldn't come close to keepin up with me and I don't consider myself was good rider at all. Through the turns the gap would close(just by about 8 cunthairs, not much) but I could get on the throttle sooner exiting and up until around 145mph, I would pull like crazy and 600's have what? 95whp? His was pushing 330 on slo mo's dyno.

look at quarter mile times for a stock 600 and a modded sti and you will find them to be very comparable. comparing a single driver vs a single rider has too many variables. hence bench racing.

also, 330hp sti is VERY mildly modded....previous gen stis were hitting those numbers with bolt ons....i guess we have a different idea of mildly modded...i am thinking in the 500hp range and/or low 11s quarter mile times....it doesnt take a whole lot to do on an sti, but its not cheap either....an sti can do 11s on a stock bottom end, so bolt ons and turbo upgrades are IMO "mild mods"...i dont consider something heavily modded if its still on a stock bottom end (motor wise at least....not saying a fully built suspension and tube chassis whatever is not modded if its stock bottom end...just talking about motors)

the real advantages a bike has is it's ability to go where a car can't, take off quickly, and filter through traffic real easy and stop repeatedly without loss in braking power. in those cases the car driver will have to really really try to keep up.

most cars brakes will over heat with several mins of hard use. if you can get a car into that situation, it wont take long before it's hardly able to stop for turns or traffic.

Edited by serpentracer