Quad oil filters

cmh_sprint

here's a list of filters that cross over to motorcycles from cars.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

when you see a number such as [5] you scroll down to the bottom of the list for the filter part number that corresponds to that number.

car filters are far better than motorcycle filters from my experience and other picturs on the net of them cut open.

yamaha makes probably the worst filter I've ever seen. it's just a block of fiberous material. no pleats in it to increase surface area or anything. I'd use a fram filter over it any day.

purolator, wix, amsoil, and a few others are some of the good filters. I don't recommend a mobil 1 filter either because I personally witnessed a race engine in a car almost destroyed because of a mobil 1 filter. it collapsed inside and blocked about 90% of the oil flow. pressure dropped from 60+ to just over 8 or so. changed the filter out for a wix and it went back to normal.

Edited by serpentracer

I buy the Yamaha kit for mine, works grreat comes with Yamalube synthetic oil, new filter and crush washer all in one kit. Iron Pony has the kits available for about every model i believe.

Time to do the initial oil change on my quad. What brand of filter does everyone use?

mine has a k&n in it just because thats all orileys had when i needed one

Edited by 2talltim