Back road corner carver project-Ninja 250R or 'zuki GS500F?

modular

I can't wait to here the haters on this one, but how about a Buell Blast? Super Cheap, can get one around $500 in good working condition, beyond easy to work on, air cooled, carb, great cornering with suspension mods...

Read this if you want more info:

Why a Blast?

Just throwing that out there. Looks like you've locked it down, but thought I'd share anyway.

LOL! I mentioned this a few pages back...http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?p=880677#post880677

Haters gonna hate, though.

Yeah, 'cause I've never owned anything but H-D's........jeez, it's a tough crowd:p.

I've had 2 plastic fantastic's-a 1993 Kan-o-tuna 750 I bought new after I got out of the Navy and a 2002 CBR F4i not to mention a 2003 SV1KS I had just didn't do anything for me. I just cannot get comfortable on anything with low clip-ons. Now, the 1977 Suzuki GS750 I really liked but it was going to be needing more work than I was willing to put into it.

Way out of my set price limit. I'd be afraid of what type of viffer one would get for under $4K. I won't do salvage titles.

5th gen ones with miles above 20k you can get for less than 4k. 20k miles is nothing for a viffer. Missile proof bikes :D only problem is handling ++ comfort +++++ weight - - :(

Edited by NinjaDoc

I would go back to thinking about the 250. Especially if you are talking about 15/20 mph corners. Those things turn by just thinking about it:D. The narrow tires don't look "badass", but they are built for flickability. The resale is incredible if you decide it's not your cup of tea.

There is only 1 thing bad about a Ninja 250... people will always question you about it being so "small."

I see well that's cool. I'm trying to sell mine before September, planning on going to school in SC going to be a big move, need to get rid of things. Over all the bike runs good but it could use some TLC. Let me know if you change your mind, I have it on craigslist also.

Missed you post on the Supermoto option so I have your problem solved: H-D XR120x

Been there, done that.......LOL. In hind site I should have kept this one. I had a lot invested in it but I just couldn't 100% rid the bike of the head shake hard out of corners.

P3192663.jpg

I don't know anyone with an XR1200 and never heard of the head shake. Is that a common problem? If so it would remove any desire to own any HD bike ever made. I thought this was a pretty decent ride till now.

Does the AMA kit do anything to resolve this?

The AMA kit really jacks up the rear end with longer shocks. I went 1.75" longer with the Works Perf. shocks. The head shake wasn't bad and did not do it every time but was still there. I think the pro bikes use a steering damper just for this reason. I was just done putting money into the bike. My Street Rod never did this on the same roads ridden just as hard.

I know I'm late to the party but the 6th VFRs in good condition with over 15k miles can be had for $4k. Hell I picked up my 06 with 2800 miles on it in '09 in mint condition for not too much more than that :)

Edited by Bad324