Got pulled over doing +25 over

Scruit

Having a little too much fun on the bike and caught the eye of a local deputy.

Pulled over right away. Turned the engine off but stayed on the bike. Flipped up my faceshield but kept my helmet on.

When he asked for my id I told him which pocket it was in (inside my overpants for added fun) and made sure he was comfortable with me reaching for it.

He actually walked around to the side I was reaching for so I figured he saw my CCW status on his computer - I let him know I was not armed.

He was real professional. Asked if i had a ticket in the last year. "Sir, my last ticket was over ten years ago!"

Gave me my license back. Reminded me, nicely, that he should not have to tell me the result of a speeding biker hitting a deer... Complimented my bike and sent me on my way.

Overall very positive. Nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUSN8HBKyH8

Edited by Scruit

Try being 17 and getting pulled over, me made me get off the bike, take my helmet off, which I didn't mind, but then he made me take my jacket and my hoodie underneath it off and it was around 40 degrees out. ticketed me wreckless op, but I got away with 90 dollars in court costs.

I didn't get off the bike or take my helmet off because I know that can be considered signs that I'm going to fight him - just like you don't get out of the car unless asked, etc. I turned off the bike so he knew I wasn't gonna try and run. I did eventually take the helmet off but I asked him first "Can I take my helmet off? I'm having trouble hearing you."

I just checked the video - he caught me at the tail end of a passing move and I was doing +30 about 1/4 mile before. He could have lit me up for reckless op easily at 25 over, but instead he used his discretion and it was a pleasant conversation. Over in under 3 minutes.

Should've said you didn't know about hitting a deer and you will go right back home now and get in your bubble. :lol: I hate that shit when they say that garbage.

What he said was; "At that speed what are you gonna do if a deer jumps out? Come on, I don't need to tell you guys this stuff, you know."

It's a valid point. At 75 I'm not gonna stand a chance avoiding a deer.

Lucky you, I got a holiday coupon on my drive up to my parents :nono: first time I have had an officer approach me with his hand on his side arm.

He had obviously saw your Want Peni thread and was protecting himself! :D

• Upvote 1

I've been pulled over on the bike a few times and did the same things you did. The LEO's have always been cool with me and seemed to appreciate the fact that I was fully geared and turned the bike off. Did get one ticket, though, when an OSHP plane was pacing me on 77 :nono:

They clocked you from a plane? Damn, thought I was already paranoid, now I have to keep an eye on the sky as well.

What he said was; "At that speed what are you gonna do if a deer jumps out? Come on, I don't need to tell you guys this stuff, you know."

It's a valid point. At 75 I'm not gonna stand a chance avoiding a deer.

You know what I meant. Unless the rider is ignorant he/she knows about reaction time. If I'm speeding I know all the possible dangers. I've seen gut/gore, etc from accidents. Shit happens. People always take risks in our short time on this earth. A little speed now and then doesn't mean the rider is oblivious to the dangers.

Edited by NinjaNick

They clocked you from a plane? Damn, thought I was already paranoid, now I have to keep an eye on the sky as well.

If you ever roll through Lodi, you had best be doing the speed limit because they are not shy about clocking you from the sky. We've got a few folks on here that can testify to that.