So, ya wanna entry level track bike under $2k?

Moto-Brian

Well, I have a dealership that used to be Dutchman Racing - if anyone here knows the history with that team, it's pretty cool. Anyways, they have a 1990 FZR400 that is fully track ready and has numerous build parts on it and enough spares to not get you caught out at a track day or race.

It is in need of some body paint, but overall, is really in decent shape. In fact, has always been stored in room temps and out of the elements.

They are asking $1500. Get with me and I will get you the dealer name and contact. Cool bike. I'd give 'er a shot, but we have enough projects!

I will post a pic soon.

Yeah, WERA V6!!

Oh so sweet!!! I'd buy it now if I didn't just pick one up myself! Great bikes!! Does that have TZ250 wheels on it?? Kinda looks like mine

PM me the contact info and I'll pass it along to a friend looking. Thx

Ya know what? I didn't look at the rear tire size - I didn't even have that cross my mind, but a great question. I'd have to look or ask them what it has... Hmmmm... I am willing to bet it doesn't, but I might be wrong. The thing is so super clean, it's amazing. The calipers are even showroom fresh. The motor has dust on it from being in the shop, but is eat off condition. These guys were doing AMA stuff and it shows in the prep of the bike...

I'll shoot you his info...

The 400, probably not. Stock suspenders were pretty low tech, only adjustment was preload on the back spring. With a cbr rear shock fitted and some racrtech gold emulators I hear it tightens up a lot...as far as power, the 400 put out around 70 stock. The nice thing is the 400 had an aluminum frame as opposed to steel on the 600 and above. You can bolt a 600 motor right into a 400 frame IIRC. That brings you up to 90-something horse depending on mods. The fzr was a great platform, I really liked mine.

Arent the YZF750 and 600 relatively the same cyl/head with a bit more bore, stroke, and cam? Heard they were but the source is possibly less-than-credible and I've not researched this

:edit:

Sorry, meant FZR not YZF

But if so, a 750 in that frame would surely boast badassedness

Edited by Hellmutt

750 has the genesis 5 valve head and I believe the cyl bank is canted a different angle forward. Pretty sure only the 600 will bolt in. With pipes, jets, k&n filter and a timing advance key the fzr600 puts out close to 100 hp if properly tuned. Not bad for 80's technology.

750 has the genesis 5 valve head and I believe the cyl bank is canted a different angle forward. Pretty sure only the 600 will bolt in. With pipes, jets, k&n filter and a timing advance key the fzr600 puts out close to 100 hp if properly tuned. Not bad for 80's technology.

If you lived closer and I'd have kept my old ThunderAce, we'd be DAMN good friends you n I:D