what do you guys think of this as a trackbike

RHill

More scouring around at this point trying to determine what it will take to get something dedicated to the track.

The price/year/mileage made that bike tempting, but I cant spend that much $ without at least looking over it in person first.

Right now, I think I need more track time before making the jump. Couple more track days this year and I'm pretty sure I'll be set on buying a track bike end of season. Semi-concerned of dumping my bike on the track(knock on wood), but then again it wouldn't be a bad track bike and I could pick up something a little more comfortable for the streets.(I say that and I pretty comfortable on the gsxr for 10 hour rides on the street)

You talking about the one on NESBA?

Wouldn't mind snagging it, but it is a bit far to travel and fit in my schedule at the moment.

There was a 04 gsxr 600 for 3500 with a bunch of goodies on the NESBA forum that I saw and should have scooped up, but I still hadn't done a track day at that point and was unsure of if I'd really enjoy it.

Don't be so quick to pull the trigger. You can find '06 or newer bikes for $3500 and up if you keep looking every day, and I'm not talking just once a day. You have to be all over WERA and NESBA constantly. They will show up and you'll find something good. IMO, don't go any later than '06 for anything.

^ I'll have to look this afternoon, leading training all day today.

Don't be so quick to pull the trigger. You can find '06 or newer bikes for $3500 and up if you keep looking every day, and I'm not talking just once a day. You have to be all over WERA and NESBA constantly. They will show up and you'll find something good. IMO, don't go any later than '06 for anything.

I have wera and nesba classifieds set up in google reader, so I check them at least a couple times a day for a month now.

i would consider selling you my track/race prepped 08 zx6r for a mere $3500 (minus the gpr, you can keep the mount though). it beats kevin's pussy up all day with me riding one handed and looking back at him to make sure he's following my line. you can't buy it til after the last motoseries event in october or whenever it is. should have relatively fresh race tires by that time.

Told a friend I wanted this, but thought it would make its way up between $3500-700. I couldn't bid sight unseen, but was really tempted when it was still around $2300 this morning.

http://www.crashedtoys.com/Inventory.aspx?InventoryID=127056&secid=2&trc=63&langCode=en&tzw=Eastern+Standard+Time&fts=r6

Do you have a friend or someone with a dealers liscense that can buy on Crashedtoys?

i would consider selling you my track/race prepped 08 zx6r for a mere $3500 (minus the gpr, you can keep the mount though). it beats kevin's pussy up all day with me riding one handed and looking back at him to make sure he's following my line. you can't buy it til after the last motoseries event in october or whenever it is. should have relatively fresh race tires by that time.

That bike is worth $4k all day. :D

I'm sure Kevin will be selling his soon as I'm sure it is making him slower than he actuall is.

You must have me confused with someone else, like you. I don't know what you're thinking but I've been moving forward with lowering my times. What have you been doing? Oh, wait. That's right. You've suddenly got a case of the Nick's and have been going slower all season. Maybe you should sell your '08 and just stop racing altogether since you're going backwards.

BOOM! Check please!

You have no FUCKING clue what my life has been through this year. I have had so much shit going on in my head that I'm shocked that I even ran a personal best this year.

Me. You. In my trailer. We'll settle this for good. :p

And no, John! You can't join in. :D

Do you have a friend or someone with a dealers liscense that can buy on Crashedtoys?

didn't think you had to have a dealers license, but if need be I could have someone. Read through their terms, but that was long enough that I dont remember much of it. Think it was like $25 to sign up for 30 days or 200 for a year.

now i really hope no one buys my bike so I can just keep it.

knock on wood, I'll have a "real" job again starting in May and will be able to race at least one weekend a month.

Then I can beat all you clowns with your fancy $5k 2006+ bikes on my old honda. It looks like hell, but it GOES like hell too :D

Wait, why the fuck can't I join? Any time there is rainbow power, I don't see why I wouldn't get invited. I am the fucking pioneer of homo track/race days. End of story.

R1 if you EVER try to not buttfuck me first, I swear on my dogs life I will ram you so hard in the throat that it will never end.