Who's got winter projects?

2fat2fly

I was curious what everybody is working on this winter.

I'll go first. Here's one of my winter projects:

2012-09-20151135.jpg

2012-09-27175557.jpg

2012-09-27180644.jpg

2012-09-27180803.jpg

It's a Yamaha YSR 50. I'm building from the ground up. When it's done it will resemble my other YSR:

HPIM1464-1.jpg

I have several other projects but I'm working on this one until it's a rolling chassis with all the bodywork and every other part I have for it bolted on.

I'm doing that to open up garage space. I need to rebuild the crank for it and then rebuild the engine. I'll get to that eventually, I want the space it's sucking up with parts all over my garage right now.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully finish the superhonda 850 cam-a-lam-a-ding-dong engine and get it back in the frame, then on to the tl, gotta blast and repaint the tank to match the rest of the bike, rebuild clutch with hydraulics and Barnett springs, swap stock brakes for some 6 pot Busa calipers and 5/8 master cyl, replace windshield, steering head bearings, chain, sprockets....I'm sure there's more....and also finish half of my now waterproofed basement into a bar and workshop. I'm pretty sure ill get about half of all that done.

air box removal and installing pod filters (maybe), replacing the right side lower cowl and upper cowl from being kicked over by neighborhood brats.

Wtf? Why aren't you building a torture chamber in your basement for above mentioned little rat bastard kids? Omg if I saw some kid kick my bike over I'd send him home bloody and wait for his dad to come over and get some too.

Wtf? Why aren't you building a torture chamber in your basement for above mentioned little rat bastard kids? Omg if I saw some kid kick my bike over I'd send him home bloody and wait for his dad to come over and get some too.

Never said I wasn't going to be waiting around with some frozen paintballs :rolleyes:

Do not do pods and if you do you will need to use a clamp to hold it in place. Remove snorkel instead and upgrade exhaust and stage 1 factory pro jet kit...just a suggestion

I was looking at the snorkel removal and a full exhaust replacement and seeing if ol' Hoblick wasn't too busy with those xr100's to do a jetting.

Those kids parents would be footing the bil that's for sure.

My project consist of paying off hospital bills, spoiling kids on xmas, and hopefully have about $5k to do an engine build after new year. I'm shooting for 245+ all motor. A blast liked always in the corners and a hot blooded demon on straights....well and wheelie monster...lol. If not this year...next.

possibly looking or a more comfortable seat for the multi.

Tear down my XR to the frame, and get things cleaned up, services, and then decide which route im going to be taking it. Gotta decide what class i wanna run in OMRL, and that will determine what all will be getting done.

the wifes XR will get some cleaning, and service.

the track bike will just get a once over, and ill probably pull apart the forks for a refresh and maybe some new springs. maybe a new shock spring as well.