RIDE PLANNING -- Cool Tool - Check it out!

JackFlash

I was browsing the threads and came across this link in someone's message and decided it was worth putting it in the spotlight for a bit. I checked it out and thought it was a great little tool to plan rides, change routes, or whatever else you can find it useful for.

It would have been great for the Dream Ride. The route could have been printed out for each person, with not only a map but written directions as well. Points of interest can be added, for those riding for the scenic value of a route or with one or more destinations in mind.

Check it out for yourself.

http://ridewithgps.com/

• Upvote 1

i like to use http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ to plan rides. but its mostly for riders submit and rate roads. I usually use this and then add on to it with additional roads for a complete loop.

I saw that site many years ago and I can't believe they say those are great roads. Shitty for sure. I get the vibe many cruiser riders enjoy that site. Awesome twisties.....I never saw them on that site, but that is just my opinion. I love curvy roads and leaning hard on the street so I'm not being an ass, just honest.

.......continue:Di

a lot of the roads down in the hocking area are listed on that site. 78 and 555 are all listed. Ive seen many here say both are great roads. I have no doubt that there are more cruiser riders or even some Wingers posting those roads.

Edited by Gunner75

I've been trying to create a database of ACTUAL good roads because I've found a lot of those sites have boring ass roads and routes. I haven't updated it in a while since I've been kind of busy at work as well as only knowing roads I've been on myself

Uncle Punk - if go just a little further south you can hit 691 and 685 which are awesome.

Mary

That was the route of the "Dream" ride that was posted and available to everyone it wasn't my recommendation I just couldn't understand how much more information people going on the ride needed, if that's not enough I'm missing something.

This will probably be my next ride, complete route the turn around and repeat in opposite direction.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=OH-83+S%2FAvon+Belden+Rd&daddr=S+Washington+St+to:OH-83+N+to:OH-78+E%2FWoodsfield+Rd+to:39.66429,-81.24909+to:Park+Ave&hl=en&sll=41.289545,-82.023411&sspn=0.064621,0.126343&geocode=FQZodgIdaHYc-w%3BFRKAagIdPgse-w%3BFfDXXQIdZPgg-w%3BFZ66XgIdShwm-w%3BFaI6XQIdvjwo-ykZfuQ9syA2iDEWqb68jYBHzw%3BFcwNWwId_g0r-w&mra=ls&via=4&t=m&z=8

The "Dream" ride was my first time in the Hocking area for riding so I don't know it well. I know most of the good roads south of 70 & east of 77.

That was the route of the "Dream" ride that was posted and available to everyone it wasn't my recommendation I just couldn't understand how much more information people going on the ride needed, if that's not enough I'm missing something.

This will probably be my next ride, complete route the turn around and repeat in opposite direction.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=OH-83+S%2FAvon+Belden+Rd&daddr=S+Washington+St+to:OH-83+N+to:OH-78+E%2FWoodsfield+Rd+to:39.66429,-81.24909+to:Park+Ave&hl=en&sll=41.289545,-82.023411&sspn=0.064621,0.126343&geocode=FQZodgIdaHYc-w%3BFRKAagIdPgse-w%3BFfDXXQIdZPgg-w%3BFZ66XgIdShwm-w%3BFaI6XQIdvjwo-ykZfuQ9syA2iDEWqb68jYBHzw%3BFcwNWwId_g0r-w&mra=ls&via=4&t=m&z=8

The "Dream" ride was my first time in the Hocking area for riding so I don't know it well. I know most of the good roads south of 70 & east of 77.

I did this last year, except I went all the way to the river. I'm sure road conditions have changed since then.

maps are often misleading. sometimes they make the road look nice and curvy and it's not quite as nice as the map makes it appear.

I feel for you guys up north. down here we have kentucky. lots of great roads in kentucky. ohio can't hold a candle to it.

lots of guys around here don't know about 227 that goes into georgetown ky. it will wear your ass out it's so curvy. go fast enough and you can almost get motion sickness lol

Edited by serpentracer

maps are often misleading. sometimes they make the road look nice and curvy and it's not quite as nice as the map makes it appear.

I feel for you guys up north. down here we have kentucky. lots of great roads in kentucky. ohio can't hold a candle to it.

lots of guys around here don't know about 227 that goes into georgetown ky. it will wear your ass out it's so curvy. go fast enough and you can almost get motion sickness lol

If you use a Delorme and explore,I gaurentee you,you will find great roads that very few other people know about.Internet sites and posts give you the better known roads,but if you are willing to dig a little deeper there are some real gems out there...even here in the flatlands of seo...I'm sure there are some undiscovered gems in Kentucky.

BTW...I was heading over to check out 227 today,it was mentioned on another site also.

Edited by drc32-0

If you use a Delorme and explore,I gaurentee you,you will find great roads that very few other people know about.Internet sites and posts give you the better known roads,but if you are willing to dig a little deeper there are some real gems out there...even here in the flatlands of seo...I'm sure there are some undiscovered gems in Kentucky.

BTW...I was heading over to check out 227 today,it was mentioned on another site also.

I'm talking about 227 in kentucky.