new rider needs a place to ride

ninjachic

You can ride Olentangy River Rd (it's parallel to 315). You can pick that up from Henderson, then you go North on Olentangy River Rd. Once you cross 161, keep going straight on Olentangy River Rd, it's scenic there this time around, you'll get to see fall colors :)

Keep going on that road, once you cross W Wilson Bridge Rd, Olentangy River Rd will turn into Linworth Rd E. From Linworth Rd E, you will hit Linworth Rd, turn right, cross over I-270, turn left on Hard Rd all the way to Riverside Dr. Then turn left (go South) on Riverside Dr. It will then take you to Henderson Rd again. Turn left on Henderson Rd, then you'll go back to UA.

And well now that you have mentioned it, is there anyone out there who would be willing to ride me...I mean ride with me?

If you're still a dirty little whore in the spring ;), I'm sure we can get someone to trailer you out to a place you can practice riding.

I'm over towards Dayton or I'd mentor..... I agree with parking lot practice...I used to ride to vacant parking lot free from loose sand/gravel, basically pristine lot, spend hour riding as slow as possible along painted line, decide which line to turn onto, execute the turn while trying to stay on the painted line as slow as possible without putting feet down...lets ya feel where weight of bike is at, lets ya experience what happens when ya place more weight of each foot peg.... Get bored running lines ? Then do figure 8s - slow. This teaches ya to look through the turn and not at it... Lets ya experience that the bike goes where your line of site is .....slow slow slow......when your confidence builds then you can increase speed. Everything you teach yourself at slow speeds improves ability to pass license test.

• 2 weeks later...

+1^^^^ learn to do figure 8s in side of 2 parking spaces also practice stopping pick 2 lines and try to stop between them at different speeds you need to learn to stop your bike in the shortest distance possible without it sliding out from under you. Practice until you can do it without thinking.

Edited by HeavyDuty