anyone know this bike.

Anden

The water pump seal is a easy cheap fix if its only weaping coolant. The 4th gear thing is not a know issue can't help you there. Other known issuse are...Clutch slippage, can't be fixed with Barnett springs and worm gear adjustment. Charging issuses, theres a mod for that. Cracks in the frame, a intermitten problem. Gas tank seal, there was a recall but most were already done but if over torqued will leak agin some day. Fuel mapping, best way to describe this is a buck or surge in the mid range that will catch you off guard somtimes, Power commander is the only cure. They are fun bikes but are not user freindly if you are not mechanicly inclined

I do not know the bike, but if you aren't afraid of dropping an engine than a shift fork isn't that big of a deal and a waterpump seal is a piece of cake. It was the first thing I ever did to a bike (yes, even before pumping gas) and I would do it again if I needed to. Be warned, it might be the dogs and not the fork necessarily.

The water pump seal is a easy cheap fix if its only weaping coolant. The 4th gear thing is not a know issue can't help you there. Other known issuse are...Clutch slippage, can't be fixed with Barnett springs and worm gear adjustment. Charging issuses, theres a mod for that. Cracks in the frame, a intermitten problem. Gas tank seal, there was a recall but most were already done but if over torqued will leak agin some day. Fuel mapping, best way to describe this is a buck or surge in the mid range that will catch you off guard somtimes, Power commander is the only cure. They are fun bikes but are not user freindly if you are not mechanicly inclined

Jesus, that sounds horrible. Bad gas tank seal, CRACKING FRAMES? Sounds like something I'd stay the hell away from.

• Upvote 1

:nono:

You said we weren't getting rid of the quads.

Yet they are still listed. :dunno:

After thinking about what needs done to my bike I really wouldn't have the time or money for that matter. Sprockets, chain, rear wheel bearing, valve check/shim, rebalance throttle bodies, radiator fan. Plugs and wires.

I also want to powder coat a few pieces. Yep full winters worth of work.

Edited by Anden

:nono:

Yet they are still listed. :dunno:

After thinking about what needs done to my bike I really wouldn't have the time or money for that matter. Sprockets, chain, rear wheel bearing, valve check/shim, rebalance throttle bodies, radiator fan. Plugs and wires.

I also want to powder coat a few pieces. Yep full winters worth of work.

You want another quad for that thing? :)

50k+ yes it is maintenance time.

You would be disappointed in the bike Twowheel. After you start digging into what you think are problems they aren't. It's Triumph engineering. Next time we get out I will let you beat on it. I'm betting the first words out of your mouth are. "How the hell can you ride this thing."

Best advice trade SV and 4 wheeler for newer Triple.

Edited by Anden