Ride Thursday 75°

Dying Shadow

Yep good ride fellas. I'm thankful everyone walked away cause that "mishap" could have been a lot worse. If anyone sees anyone not wearing a helmet, send them to this thread cause I'll be posting some pics. Minor accident, but without that helmet I can't say for sure he'd have made it out alive. At the minimum it would have been a long hospital visit. I know witnessing that will keep me ATGATT indefinitely.

I had some bike trouble on the way home. Vibration coming from the engine....not sure what it is. Hopefully something I can fix myself though.

Anyways....good riding with you guys and hopefully the weather holds and we can do it again.

oh ok...different guy than i thought...when we came through that intersection, there was a fullsize red dodge ram that was making a left onto the road that truck pulled out from....he waited on us to go by, but you and the yellow bike were behind me, and i wasnt sure how far back...thought you were saying the ram made a left in front of you

Yep good ride fellas. I'm thankful everyone walked away cause that "mishap" could have been a lot worse. If anyone sees anyone not wearing a helmet, send them to this thread cause I'll be posting some pics. Minor accident, but without that helmet I can't say for sure he'd have made it out alive. At the minimum it would have been a long hospital visit. I know witnessing that will keep me ATGATT indefinitely.

I had some bike trouble on the way home. Vibration coming from the engine....not sure what it is. Hopefully something I can fix myself though.

Anyways....good riding with you guys and hopefully the weather holds and we can do it again.

his head looked bad....cant imagine....any pics of the helmet? i never even saw it

sucks about your bike!....post a thread in the tech section, somebody will be able to help you out with it.

Gotcha, thanks.

your bike was my favorite that showed up...the ducks were pretty, but damn that thing is nice....thats my favorite body style too

i was half tempted to steal it and never come back...so much want!...someday :( lol

maybe next year once i get settled i will get one.....i told steph i wanna buy one and she can ride the vfr....she loved that idea lol....win/win...keep vfr for her to ride, and for long rides....get r1 for new daily :D

Was that Tricolore wrecked today 1 of only 99 in the US?

I ask because of this: http://motorcycles.yakaz.com/ducati-1098-tricolore-for-sale#lo=4&docid=016sfipdpvqm9m9r

Same bike year isn't it?

Edit: Hell.....that ad is from Springfield. If there are only 99 in the US that would mean around 2 per state. Good chance it's the same bike.

Edited by Blitz

Hope he gets her fixed, would be a shame to see a beautiful bike go to waste.

Track bike!! Regardless it was a beautiful day to ride! Kman even tho my ass was hurting i would of rode your new baby home for ya :D seen how it compared to the 06 lol.

your bike was my favorite that showed up...the ducks were pretty, but damn that thing is nice....thats my favorite body style too

i was half tempted to steal it and never come back...so much want!...someday :( lol

maybe next year once i get settled i will get one.....i told steph i wanna buy one and she can ride the vfr....she loved that idea lol....win/win...keep vfr for her to ride, and for long rides....get r1 for new daily :D

Thanks dude, much appreciated! I've always been drawn toward Yammy's and I don't know why. My year (2007) seemed to be one of the better years for the R1 so that's why I chose that one. Not a huge fan of the new ones to be honest. Maybe one day I'll trade her in but I've only had her for about a year and a half. Bought it with 2,000 miles on it and got a hell of a deal, so I think I'll hold on to her for quite some time. And keep her clean so she's always shiny.

And yes, very good ride on some of those roads today. Blitz and I did another few roads and I was home by 5. Not being on a bike hardly at all this year, and then doing about 8 hours on her today made my wrists a little sore. But I think we got a pretty good day before we have to put the bikes away for the winter. 55 and raining tomorrow and then it's all downhill next week. This is the time that I hate Ohio. I'm very happy we all got to get out one last time, except for the obvious mishap. Nice meeting even more of you guys. I look forward to more rides next season!