Not seeing all of your friends' posts on Facebook?

Casper

Did I miss something? :dunno: That's only for "fan pages" (or people so narcissistic that they use the "Promote" feature on their personal pages).

Besides, it's a perfect business model... provide something for free that's addictive -- then begin charging for it. Free market.

Yeah, they invited businesses and entrepreneurs to take advantage of Facebook's tremendous ability to reach out to the public, and then slap them with mandatory limits that they have to pay to remove.

That's called blackmail / extortion. Or a good business model in some circles.

Over on Google+, there are a lot of photographers using Facebook and were relying on Facebook distribution to their clientele. They were all taken by surprise without warning. It didn't take long to figure out that content was missing. It's quite a topic of discussion over there on Google+.

you know who uses facebook? idiots. actually they're so dumb they make my repo job easier when they post where they work. now i can find their car and take it while they're at work. and i don't feel bad about it because they use facebook and deserve it.:D

Lol

Yeah, they invited businesses and entrepreneurs to take advantage of Facebook's tremendous ability to reach out to the public, and then slap them with mandatory limits that they have to pay to remove.

That's called blackmail / extortion. Or a good business model in some circles.

Over on Google+, there are a lot of photographers using Facebook and were relying on Facebook distribution to their clientele. They were all taken by surprise without warning. It didn't take long to figure out that content was missing. It's quite a topic of discussion over there on Google+.

Facebook didn't promise it wouldn't put up a "paywall" (for lack of a better term). Like I said, free market capitalism. If you don't want all your eggs in one basket, you probably shouldn't put them there. Personal responsibility and such. Facebook is a private organization like all the others and can run their business as they see fit within the confines of what they're legally allowed to do.

You're not suggesting more regulations or anything are you?

I find it hard to believe that both people who still use Google+ are photographers... :D

• Upvote 1

How many of you guys actually use Google+ or Twitter? If a business like Riders Discount, or Shop Dog Cycles started actively posting would this be of interest to you all?

We've seen this very problem at RD and have been considering other avenues to push content.

you know who uses facebook? idiots. actually they're so dumb they make my repo job easier when they post where they work. now i can find their car and take it while they're at work. and i don't feel bad about it because they use facebook and deserve it.:D

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm certain facebook is ruining the world as we know it. I look forward to the day it folds and people actually get back out of their house.

I refuse to be a part of FB. Redundant process really since my friends/family have my number to email or text or call me if there's something I'm needed for. Had a MySpace years ago when it started up but that lasted about 3 months, just not for me at all. I wish they all would crash and burn for good. Everyone should take out their Twitters and fuck MySpace right in the Facebook :nono:

I refuse to be a part of FB. Redundant process really since my friends/family have my number to email or text or call me if there's something I'm needed for. Had a MySpace years ago when it started up but that lasted about 3 months, just not for me at all. I wish they all would crash and burn for good. Everyone should take out their Twitters and fuck MySpace right in the Facebook :nono:

:nono:

• Upvote 3