Light weight Helmet

NinjaDoc

My shark s900 is light and has internal sun shield

i was looking forward to one with sun shield as well, tired of carrying two and swapping it up

heard about these from these in other forum, http://akumahelmets.com/2012/index.php/helmets they say the shield has transitions property

my old OGK FF4 (european version) was very light. not carbon.

check out webbikeworld if you haven't already for a very large comprehensive list of tested helmets (complete with weight info and noise levels, etc)

i was looking forward to one with sun shield as well, tired of carrying two and swapping it up

heard about these from these in other forum, http://akumahelmets.com/2012/index.php/helmets they say the shield has transitions property

I like the ToD visor have been looking at the Stealth for a little while,been dropping hints to the wife to get it as a christmas gift :D

my old OGK FF4 (european version) was very light. not carbon.

check out webbikeworld if you haven't already for a very large comprehensive list of tested helmets (complete with weight info and noise levels, etc)

yep saw that jinu, thx. also wanted a perspective from any one who used it in person. Hoping to snatch some deals during he winter if things go well.

Need to read more about bell

the lightest helmet i have worn has been a Suomy Excel, its lighter than most carbon helmets.

Shoei helmets are light as well, not as light as the suomy, but i prefer Shoei Helmets because they fit my noggin perfect.

NEXX makes a super light carbon helmet

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nexx-xr1r-carbon/

The real issue is aerodynamics. You can have a carbon fiber helmet but it'll still feel heavy at speed with poor aero features.

Given this, here's a relatively recent updated list of helmet weights -

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-weights.htm

The RPS-10 was one of the lightest popular brand helmets on the market for a while, we haven't confirmed if the new RPHA-10 is the same weight or not.

I personally wear the Suomy Vandal which is exceptionally light and aero. It's unfortunate that they discontinued that model.

Edited by RidersDiscount

I've worn an HJC RPS-10 for the last several years and have really enjoyed it. Mine isn't a carbon, but it's very light, and the shape fits my head well. The base RPS-10 is also very affordable compared to some of the other lightweight options.

Fortunately I haven't had to crash test it, but overall I've been pretty happy.

I will say this. I went from a scorpion 700, which I hated with a passion. To a Shoei RF1100 and couldn't be happier. I have a bit of an odd shaped head.

I looked at the carbon fiber Lids as well, but couldn't justify the cost. Comfort level is what I was shooting for.

Riders Discount got me a hell of a deal as well. Enough that I had to make sure it wasn't used. :lol:

The real issue is aerodynamics. You can have a carbon fiber helmet but it'll still feel heavy at speed with poor aero features.

Given this, here's a relatively recent updated list of helmet weights -

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-weights.htm

The RPS-10 was one of the lightest popular brand helmets on the market for a while, we haven't confirmed if the new RPHA-10 is the same weight or not.

I personally wear the Suomy Vandal which is exceptionally light and aero. It's unfortunate that they discontinued that model.

true right now when i wear the helmet it looks like a grape on match stick :D

it feels so heavy that after every ride necks very sore,

that list i was trying to go thru it one by one with youtube reviews etc hopefully will see what comes thru

my neck hurt all the time from my Scorpion, promptly upgraded to my Shoei RF-1000 and couldnt be happier. Although next year I'm due for a new lid and I want to try on a Bell Star and see how those are

I'm using a Bell Star RSD C-Note helmet now and really like it. It's feels a lot lighter and more areodynamic then Icon Domain II I was wearing. That said there is also a lot more wind noise then the Icon had.