Light weight Helmet

NinjaDoc

details my friend!

i didnt go to the star...but i got an RS1 which pretty much has all the same features as the star and is in the same price range as the rf1100 ....its a great helmet, dont get me wrong...worlds above my HJC was....but its no shoei

initially, it was more comfortable than the shoei....but the pad material breaks in a LOT...the wind noise is almost unbearable, ive never had the urge to wear ear plugs until i bought this helmet (even with the vents closed)....theres a lot of air that comes in under the chin, even with the built in chin guard (although having it built in instead of the crappy clip in like my shoei had, is nice)...if i wear it with my cold weather mask, for some reason the mask pushes the pads out enough where i get a TON of air coming in at the cheek area and directly into my eyes, which was never a problem with the rf1100

overall its a great helmet, and i got a steal on it - so i dont really regret it....but looking back, i wish i had gone with the shoei again instead

honestly - the wind noise coupled with the odd amount of air flow up the chin/cheek area, are the reasons i probably wont buy another bell

im not saying im a shoei only fanboy....i will probably try more brands in the future (i want a schuberth pretty bad)....but so far, the shoei has been the best overall helmet ive owned (next would be bell, kbc, hjc..in that order)

**edit...oh, and after a 300mi ride....my neck hurts pretty bad in the bell...never had that issue with the shoei - but im not sure if its the new riding position on the vfr compared to the vmax, or the helmet itself....so take that comment with a grain of salt

i've had a couple hjc's, they were ok. served their purpose and were cheap

i've also had these and liked them all:

arai vector, bell star, ogk ff4 (european), shark rsr2

out of those, i think i like the bell star and arai vector the best so far.

Worth the cost depends on what you are coming from.

About 7years ago, I tried on a BMW kevlar helmet that was only available in Europe. Man, that thing was weightless compared to my Shoei but it cost $500US at the time (dollar was the shits). So, if your coming from a $300 helmet and are considering a Shubreth or something, then, yes, it would be worth it (assuming equal protection).

Sadly, the head shape didn't work for me but oh how I wanted that lid. It is about 2lbs.

http://www.helmet-guide.com/bmw-enduro-helmet.html

http://showroom.bmw-motorrad.com/Helmets/Enduro-helmet-psc-1000200257-7i.gMkqlq0EAAAE01NJtTecS-UXCOM-WFS-en_EU-EUR.html

Edited by Revelstoker

I've been wearing Arais for a while now. Specifically the RX7 (RR3, RR4, GP/Corsair V). They can be fitted absolutely perfectly with the right size, liner, and cheek pad thickness. It really feels like it isn't there. Work well in crashes too. Well worth the money IMO.

My Arai Vector is pretty light' date=' I think. Ventilation is good, but it's a bit noisy. It's leaps and bounds above that Scorpion EXO750 I bought last year.

I was going to buy a BellStarCarbon from RidersDiscount. I went to the local shop to buy a cheap lid to use on a ride I had scheduled the next day.. and the Arai was on sale for half-off. I paid $230 for it.[/quote']

Damn, where the hell am I when these deals go down.

Sent from my iPhone