dont run from the cops

John

i found out today from a mutal friend, that one of my friends apparently went to jail for this recently...

im not going to name any names, suffice to say that many of you on here may already know who im talking about.... names arent important. what is important is this:

its not worth it to run from the cops. there is too much to lose and it can end very badly.

it just pains me to hear about my friend, and the other things he has going on in his life too, and now this on top of it :(

im not trying to defend his actions, or suggest that we shouldnt be subject to the rule of law, and i dont want this to turn into some kind of flame war or anything...

its just that i dont wanna wake up one morning and open the paper and see that someone else i know, or someone that i recognize from here ran from the cops and got locked up (or worse).

be careful out there, and try to make smart decisions. the consequences of your actions can effect you years down the road.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I was pulled over, I was not even given a warning and I was doing 17 over the limit. I pull over right away and act cool about everything, which helps a great deal. Once I was stopped at night with only my permit, speeding as well. The cop let me go and told me to slow down. Another time I was pulled over but I didn't have my permit like an idiot so I had to pay for that one. The speeding charge in that case was dropped though. All in all, the cops have all been pretty cool about everything. If I ran, I would have gone to jail, just to avoid mostly warnings, so far. Not a wise move. Of course now I have a bike that hits 70 without a second though, so I really have to be careful these days...

If you're doing over 100mph, you dip! There's no incentive to pull over because you're in just as much trouble when you're in triples. Plus you need to pick your roads better. I never speed in town, that is stupid. Also, running when the cops are behind you is stupid too. Down shifting and bailing when the cop is going the other way....smart, unless you want to get your life ruined by waiting for 5 minutes until the perfect person that the cop is catches up to you.

its not worth it a all. caught =$ and maybe some steel crapper, there have been times before when i have but now unless i was on a sure bet like my garage door is open and i am 30 seconds away don't believe in it. When i lived in Florida they would confiscate you bike or car and seize it. hell one night a few years ago i was with 5 bikes on 70 coming from buckeye lake and 3 split at about 135 and me and another bike didn't, i slowed down to u turn to the next exit back but didn't and just stayed with my buddy and his g/f. i was stopped at the bottom of the first ramp we got off of by 3 troopers and i told them i was not speeding and was coming from my g/f house and they let me go.

but now it is not worth the job. slow i will go this year.

1, don't ride on highway. 2, there are motorcycles all over, you dip before they even get turned around you are already a few miles away. You get on another road and start riding normal again. Nobody has to go home. I've had 3 instances accidently before in 1 day, I just went, left, right, right, right, left, left.....cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuise. :cool:

You get caught speeding in triples you're fucked just as much, sometimes jail. They give you no incentives. Stop=fucked. Now pulling over for a 45 in a 35...yeah, do it. You're stupid if you don't. You gotta be smart in order to avoid tickets.

If you're doing over 100mph, you dip! There's no incentive to pull over because you're in just as much trouble when you're in triples. Plus you need to pick your roads better. I never speed in town, that is stupid. Also, running when the cops are behind you is stupid too. Down shifting and bailing when the cop is going the other way....smart, unless you want to get your life ruined by waiting for 5 minutes until the perfect person that the cop is catches up to you.

i got clocked doing triple digits last year on the turnpike..I got pulled over about 4 miles from my exit. I was going so fast they clocked me twice because they didn't believe the first reading they got. Then they called ahead to all the exits and told them to hold me if i got off.

I was just trying to get home from an all day ride in Michigan..I was tired, sore, and low on gas, and it was getting late. My well meaning friend told me to buy some bike shorts (yeah..for bicycles) to keep my butt from getting sore. It did the exact opposite. Pads are in the wrong spot for motorcycles. needles to say I was in pain and just trying to get home.

Long story short...the cop was a rider. He gave me a ticket for failure to dim headlights. $155 fine. no points on my license. No bump in my insurance.

My point is...you're not always screwed if you get pulled over.

99.9% you are screwed. You don't speed if you are 5miles from an exit. That's asking for it. Once again, that would be the "wrong place". You got to be smart about it. I've maybe had a few on the highway and it was oops, hit next exit and ended up eating a a Wendys or something. I forgot it even happened within 30minutes. It didn't even phase me. I've been like that since I was 18 in my mustang I had back then. THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE! You get busted....it looks like that wasn't the time nor place. :)

Edited by NinjaNick

I'll make sure to take your rule book with me next time.

And like I said, you are not always screwed. I wouldn't want to take odds on getting off like I did, but then again I know a few people who decided to run from the cops and they aren't here with us today.

I guess I have too much to lose to gamble with my life. If I decide to do over 100, then I am man enough to deal with the consequences. you play, you pay. When you start running, your focus shifts from safety to flight. Bad mix.

It's your call...of course. But to get mad at someone because they choose NOT to run? Man....

I don't think anyones mad. I don't care at all what other people do. I have a 4cylinder Malibu and I've ditched a few in that before as they went the other way. It's strategy, not a panic, messy minded run. Most of the time there is no running. It's dipping. :D

1, don't ride on highway. 2, there are motorcycles all over, you dip before they even get turned around you are already a few miles away. You get on another road and start riding normal again. Nobody has to go home. I've had 3 instances accidently before in 1 day, I just went, left, right, right, right, left, left.....cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuise. :cool:

You get caught speeding in triples you're fucked just as much, sometimes jail. They give you no incentives. Stop=fucked. Now pulling over for a 45 in a 35...yeah, do it. You're stupid if you don't. You gotta be smart in order to avoid tickets.

im kinda glad i have a 250 so theres no incentive for me to "dip".

...well that and hopefully the cops will pity my 250 and just let me off with a warning.

Yeah you might be fucked if your in triples, but running is an immediate felony. Most likely you are not going to end up a convicted felon if you pull over... no matter how fast you're going

one night we just rode, didn't really run stayed at the same speed. we were in a group of about 30 people going from 7-11 to easton and going to the ramp to 270 from 670 i saw red and blues a bit back. well the sheriff came closer and 1 bike pulled over and the sheriff stopped with him. the bike that had pulled over was a new guy with A 30 day tag that blew off earlier in the day. so 1 out of 30 pull over and he was the with out a plate # to get. how fing funny.