dont run from the cops

John

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I went to jail for running down 71 in clinton county.

They dropped my felony charge because I handed the bike over to them. That offense cost me around $13,000. It's not worth it.

It is a whole lot less painful, it's a lot cheaper, and it's over faster if you pull over and take a ticket from one of them that may not be too bad to deal with than to have a 2nd or more of them show up and decide to go on a 'witch hunt' to find as many things you are guilty of as possible.

Good manners and loads of respect go pretty far, and might change their mind about actually writing you a ticket if they are alone, as opposed to them feeling peer pressure from their brothers in blue to write up "another one of them speeding ass hooligans on a crotch rocket ripping up and down the roads and endangering the lives of our babies."

You never know their mindset and they can develop a mob mentality quickly when in the presence of other officers. Having more than one of them involved in a simple routine speeding violation raises your chances of problems by 100% X (how many show up).

Pull it over. Say your sorry. Take your ticket. Agree to slow it down. Wish them a nice day.

Giving them a postive experience with us may help to keep their attitudes about us less hostile if they are not 'motorcycle friendly.' Every little bit helps in some way.

Another way to look at it is that if you divide up the cost of your ticket by how many times you really pushed the sound barrier, you may find that each time you didn't have to pay a ticket, but would have if you got caught, only cost you about $3.00. That's quite a discount you are getting for the fun you've had. The fee for that fun came due and now you pay.

I wonder what that speeding ticket would have cost if you had just pulled over right away vs. $13 big dollars.

Edited by JackFlash

I got pulled over on 315(the scenic route) because a cop was trying to go around me and I had no idea. Was doing about 30 over with lights and sirens behind me(I noticed this after a claimed 3 miles of him behind me). HE asked why I was running from him, I said I had no clue he was behind me(truth) and that my mirrors like to self adjust themselves at speed(that explains not seeing the lights) and that I had music playing in headphones(explains the sirens). He made me adjust my mirrors to where I could see him behind me and take my headphones out. Then he told me I had a nice bike, we shook hands, and I was on my way. Of course he followed me to the street I live on to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid though.

Now a car related one. My buddy got caught drag racing in union county last month and now every time we cruise through there(country roads are nice) we get pulled over by the same officers. At this point it is actually borderline harassment. We never ran from him or anything and always cooperate. That guy, is an asshole.

my favorite pull over was on route 11, i had just gotten onto 11 after having some asshat tailgate me all the way up 46.

I was sick of it, so I said "seeya" and rolled to red line in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, rolling into 5th and I notice a blue flash off to my right...

Look at my mirrors and see a police car passing the car that I had just passed.

I pull over and stop, by the time he gets to the bike I've removed my helmet, and the bike is off.

He comes up and says "do you know how fast you were going?"

I replied, "no, I wasn't really watching the speedometer, I was more focused on paying attention to the road"

He smiles, and goes "you were going FAST"

I nodded, and said, "yes officer"

He says, "well, I didn't have time to turn on my radar because you pulled over so fast, so I can either write you reckless op, or let you go with a warning"

I said "I understand"

He goes to his car, comes back with a yellow paper, and says, "Nice Bike, slow down please".

Hello, this thread is from 2008 guys. JackFlash, the guy you quoted doesn't even live in Ohio anymore and is never on here. There are a few that participated in this thread that haven't logged on in years actually. It's a waste to even quote people honestly now that it is 2012. ;)

Hello, this thread is from 2008 guys. JackFlash, the guy you quoted doesn't even live in Ohio anymore and is never on here. There are a few that participated in this thread that haven't logged on in years actually. It's a waste to even quote people honestly now that it is 2012. ;)

Doesn't matter. Might still apply to someone giving thought to a get-a-way.