dont run from the cops

John

Friend is a Highway Patrol Officer. You pull over after being clocked at triple digits and act cool and pull over asap? Not NEAR as bad as running. Not even close he said.

You run, you're fucked. You pull over, you're fucked, but not as bad and the sentence isn't going to be as harsh.

End response? Don't run. Ever.

I have a few times and got away with it, but that was a long time ago before the cops were so heavily in force and an area where it was pretty wide open and you rarely saw cops. Now, you cannot go very far w/o seeing cops.

Plus, you have a favorite road you and everyone rides? Guess what, cops find out and start running brief patrols along that stretch. You can't win...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You cannot out run the helicopter OR the radio. You're fucked.

2) You DO have an incentive not to run if going tripple digits. If you're just going triple digits you're looking at a Speeding and a Reckless Ops. That is 6 points on the license and your insurance goes through the fucking roof.

If you try to outrun them you're looking at a Felony 3 Fleeing and Eluding, plus the Reckless, plus the Speed. If the cop flips his vehicle while trying to catch you and the cop dies.... Guess what... That is a Felony Murder case you're looking at. That's right folks, you can (and probably will) be charged with that cops murder. So instead of 6 points and a possible license suspension if you would have stopped, you're looking at mandatory prison.... Prison

Not to mention that while you're trying to outrun the cops, you might crash and end up on "NSW" thread. No thanks.

1) You cannot out run the helicopter OR the radio. You're fucked.

2) You DO have an incentive not to run if going tripple digits. If you're just going triple digits you're looking at a Speeding and a Reckless Ops. That is 6 points on the license and your insurance goes through the fucking roof.

If you try to outrun them you're looking at a Felony 3 Fleeing and Eluding, plus the Reckless, plus the Speed. If the cop flips his vehicle while trying to catch you and the cop dies.... Guess what... That is a Felony Murder case you're looking at. That's right folks, you can (and probably will) be charged with that cops murder. So instead of 6 points and a possible license suspension if you would have stopped, you're looking at mandatory prison.... Prison

Not to mention that while you're trying to outrun the cops, you might crash and end up on "NSW" thread. No thanks.

Actually, a reckless op is 6pts (along with 6mos in jail, $1000 fine, and 1yr loss of license max) and the speeding is another 2pts, so you'll get 8pts out of that one. Truuuuuust me. Thank God for lawyers though.

If you're lucky enough to get a state reckless op (private property, nice cop, good lawyer, etc) its 4pts.

But no, running is not worth it. I know several cops who even if they clock you at 3x digits, if you pull over they'll only give you a speeding ticket. Its curtosy. They hate to fucking chase people.

Oh, and you can out run the helicopter. Not that hard. They top out around 120 I believe. The radio, well that's another matter.

Point is guys/gals, don't run. It just isn't worth it. If you feel like flying down 71 at 3a going 170, be ready for the tickets, lawyer, and court costs. Otherwise, just don't do it. I don't want to go to another funeral for a dead friend.

And if I have to visit any of you in jail, bet your asses I'm bringing you soap on a rope.

Actually, a reckless op is 6pts (along with 6mos in jail, $1000 fine, and 1yr loss of license max) and the speeding is another 2pts, so you'll get 8pts out of that one. Truuuuuust me. Thank God for lawyers though.

Oh, and you can out run the helicopter. Not that hard. They top out around 120 I believe. The radio, well that's another matter.

They cannot stack points out of one incident. Reckless Ops + Speeding = Reckless points only.

"A person convicted of two or more offenses arising out of the same operative facts may only be assessed points for the offense for which the greater number of points is chargeable." (Ohio Revised Code Section 4510.036(E))

Even though your bike is faster than a helicopter, the viewing angle of the helicopter and the fact that a helicopter is not bound by the curves and direction of the road means you cannot out run a helicopter.

They cannot stack points out of one incident. Reckless Ops + Speeding = Reckless points only.

"A person convicted of two or more offenses arising out of the same operative facts may only be assessed points for the offense for which the greater number of points is chargeable." (Ohio Revised Code Section 4510.036(E))

Even though your bike is faster than a helicopter, the viewing angle of the helicopter and the fact that a helicopter is not bound by the curves and direction of the road means you cannot out run a helicopter.

cleaner what would we do without you?

oh yeah, pay a lot more money than we need to.

Like others said, speeding and reckless op isn't a felony. Running is.

Once you're a convicted felon, good luck finding a good job... also you can't own a gun either.

I didn't say my reckless op was for speeding........ Drag racing is a motherfucker on the insurance. But seriously, I didn't know you couldn't get a reckless op and a speeding ticket for high speed. Good to know! Thanks Cleaner.

I have had more than my fair share of tickets, I swear to god if I farted in a no farting zone I would get pulled over, searched and cited. However, my insurance company never checked my record and they kept lowering my insurance.

As you get older the number of breaks you get increases, I am not old by any means but not 20 anymore either

I didn't say my reckless op was for speeding........ Drag racing is a motherfucker on the insurance. But seriously, I didn't know you couldn't get a reckless op and a speeding ticket for high speed. Good to know! Thanks Cleaner.

You can still get 2 tickets 2 fines and 2 punishments, but u can only get points on your license for 1 of the 2 offenses.

Running is stupid as I have said many times before. There isnt a wreckless operation speed in ohio and they cant take you to jail for just speeding. If they find something else then yes or the cop is a jack ass and gives you a ticket for everything under the sun. Or if you are a mule then run, run,run....

Running is stupid as I have said many times before. There isnt a wreckless operation speed in ohio and they cant take you to jail for just speeding. If they find something else then yes or the cop is a jack ass and gives you a ticket for everything under the sun. Or if you are a mule then run, run,run....

I'm pretty sure 20 over and they can give you reckless op. Reckless op has a max of 6mos in jail, $1000 fine, and 1yr loss of license. They can impound your car/bike right there, and take you to jail. They can give you a reckless op for doing a burnout at a traffic light. I think the official charge (at least what I got hit with) is reckless operation of a motor vehicle with willful disregard. Basically a fancy way of saying you were fucking around and putting other people in danger.

I saw one last night between Miami U. and Hamilton. Simon Leis has 2 or three in Hamilton county.

The jail time offered with reckless op tickets is max fiine and max jail time, unless you do sumpin really boneheaded they wont give you time.

From being on this board, it amazes me how different I keep learning C-bus is from Dayton. I never would've guess. I guess it's because of the CAPITAL sign behind C-Bus.:dunno:

Just curious..cause I'm not from Ohio. I've only been to Dayton once to buy a car when I first moved here.

What are the differences between Dayton and Columbus?

Just curious..cause I'm not from Ohio. I've only been to Dayton once to buy a car when I first moved here.

What are the differences between Dayton and Columbus?

We are better people. :p:lol:

You won't understand, you have to live here for your whole life. Everything is different it seems. We definately don't have helicopters flying around chasing people. Bike nights here are gay, C-bus is not. Different type of personalities of people. Just shit you wouldn't notice unless you talked more to a Daytonian or lived here.