dont run from the cops

John

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that bad............. how do you sit with your feet infront of you and your arms extended? i ride a cruiser every now and then and i just never feel in control of it. i like having as much of my body touching the bike as i can at any given time. i just dont get all the feed back i like sitting the way you do.

Sat on a sportbike today. It was a Yamaha YZF-R1. How do you guys sit like that for hours at a time? Also sat on a new Boulevard C109. Damn that was a big bike.

Think I'll stick with Mr. Max.

I'm a big guy, so it's after an hour/2max, I'm done! Now that I ride a ZX14 though, I can ride all day, much more comfy and faster.:D

its not that bad............. how do you sit with your feet infront of you and your arms extended? i ride a cruiser every now and then and i just never feel in control of it. i like having as much of my body touching the bike as i can at any given time. i just dont get all the feed back i like sitting the way you do.

Ditto. I didn't feel like I was able to shift gears the way I had to sit on it. The C109's shifter was far too forward for my tastes as well. Guess it's all in what you started off on. I learned to ride on a cruiser so a sportbike feels "weird" to me.

I'm a big guy, so it's after an hour/2max, I'm done! Now that I ride a ZX14 though, I can ride all day, much more comfy and faster.:D

I don't have to worry about that.....Mr. Max's range is only 75 miles until I have to start looking for a gas station. Small tank, big engine. I actually get better gas mileage in my Scion.

Well, I just wasted thirty minutes of my life that I will never get back unless... you three jackasses give me ten minutes each and we will call it even. Damn can you guys just start using pm's to bitch at each other over worthless disagreements and let the others discuss something about motorcycles. Lets say after two dickheaded replies you switch to pm's kay.

Well, I just wasted thirty minutes of my life that I will never get back unless... you three jackasses give me ten minutes each and we will call it even. Damn can you guys just start using pm's to bitch at each other over worthless disagreements and let the others discuss something about motorcycles. Lets say after two dickheaded replies you switch to pm's kay.

That was SOOOOOOOOOOO last week. :supergay:

Jesus wasn't at least a little gay?

John 13:25

"He leaning back, as he was, on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?"

Man and that was at supper.

Not to mention the lost Gospels of Mark that were recovered that have him running around naked with another naked man.

:)

Not to mention the lost Gospels of Mark that were recovered that have him running around naked with another naked man.

"I don't know what the hell you just said, but you reached out, and touched a brotha's heart."

At least they weren't in the bubble bath together.:beathorse:

• 4 years later...

Now, that is some funny shit!

I've only dipped twice that I recall...

1. was accidental, or at least unintentional: riding home from niagara, saw flashing lights behind me, but the rest of the group was on the gas, so I didn't notice the red and blue, just the wig wag on the headlights. (initially thought it was just some jerk flashing high beams at me, later figured it was probably a police officer)

2. Half a dip, really... was doing 30 or 40 over, cop came the other way, seen him look up, and his front end dropped as he nailed the brakes to turn around, as soon as I seen him i kicked the shifter twice and rocked the throttle. The reason I call it a half dip was because he never hit the red and blues, as soon as I seen him nail the brakes, I was on the gas, and I don't think he even bothered to finish turning around.

Edited by magley64

the december 1st ride we took with a group, we were all speeding and going fast around a corner, mid corner a sheriff passed us all, didnt even hit his brakes or anything, just kept going.. that same day we got caught behind a park ranger, he knew what we were out for and let us all pass.. id never run, ive got too many things going for me that id rather pay a fine and whatever comes with it then possibly something horrible..

Fleeing is a felony. That stays with you. Don't do it.

Yup. I'd rather not have that dog me the rest of my life, give up my guns, etc.

Ride like you have a fucking brain, and own up to your decisions...if you're gonna risk the ticket, then pull over when they tag you.

No ticket, no reckless-op, nothing is going to be worse for you than felony evasion.

I watch sentencings quite frequently. Trust me when I say that judges want to hear the following:

- "I'm sorry."

- "I know what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't have done it."

- "I won't do that again."

And you better be sincere. If you start pleading your case again after you've already been found guilty, I have watched criminal defendants talk themselves into an extra year or three. That wouldn't happen with felony fleeing, but it might be the difference between a fine and a lengthy license suspension.

When you're speeding excessively, that is one dumb mistake, but also a dumb mistake that is relatively common. You get caught, you say you're sorry, and you try to do better in the future. Running from the cops compounds your mistakes. Not only have you made a bad choice by speeding, but now you're demonstrating that you're not sorry, you think you're invincible; you know that what you're doing is wrong, but won't own up to it, and; because you thought you could get away, you're probably going to flee again in the future.