Voting on weed

ScubaCinci

I just saw on MSNBC where Mass voted in the use of medical marijuana and 3 other states are voting on recreational use - CO, WA & OR. WTF Ohio? Actually it caught my eye because my wife starts chemo next month and it woudl be a nice option if warranted.

Keep it illegal. It keeps more government jobs in the system and money flowing through the black market.

If it was more profitable as a legal substance we would have made it legal by now.

I definitely don't want a bunch of pot heads running around Ohio. Most of them are more dumb than a box of rocks.

Probably just a matter of time before it sweeps the continent since its recreationally legal in a couple now. I say tax the shit and create another source of funding to put the country deeper in debt?

I love how people say the "war on drugs" creates jobs for the government and they make more money with it illegal than legal!!! This might be true if the GOV were a private company and they were actually paid for their services, which they are not. The government cannot create jobs in a way that supports economic growth or in a way that private companies do... Private companies create jobs because they are making more money and can afford to pay another employee with the extra revenue. The government does not have revenue, they are not a business people. The only way the government can create more jobs is by collecting, or borrowing, through increasing taxes and other levy's like the 6 or more that passed all around Columbus and bull shit stuff like a "sin tax" in Chicago and other places. The "war on drugs does not create jobs, it creates an apparent need for more task forces and more committees and more use of the tax dollars that could be going to something useful like roads or schools or whatever...

I love how people say the "war on drugs" creates jobs for the government and they make more money with it illegal than legal!!! This might be true if the GOV were a private company and they were actually paid for their services, which they are not. The government cannot create jobs in a way that supports economic growth or in a way that private companies do... Private companies create jobs because they are making more money and can afford to pay another employee with the extra revenue. The government does not have revenue, they are not a business people. The only way the government can create more jobs is by collecting, or borrowing, through increasing taxes and other levy's like the 6 or more that passed all around Columbus and bull shit stuff like a "sin tax" in Chicago and other places. The "war on drugs does not create jobs, it creates an apparent need for more task forces and more committees and more use of the tax dollars that could be going to something useful like roads or schools or whatever...

Well said.

We have bigger problems. Legalize it, tax it, bring it under the same regulations that food/nutraceuticals use to ensure a safe supply, then use all that enforcement dollars to go after harmful drugs or for other policing purposes.

Also, you would have to consider if it makes sense to legislate that companies cannot test or fire people for marijuana use in non-safety-critical roles, else reform would be scuppered by private companies.

We would need to be able to reliably test for marijuana intoxication for impaired driving purposes.

We would need to be able to reliably test for marijuana intoxication for impaired driving purposes.

what's wrong with the current field sobriety test?

"competence" is what we should be testing for on the road, not BAC, or chemical levels...

The question of whether or not you should be driving should only be dependent upon whether or not you have the ability to do so in your current physical/mental state. IMO Many people shouldn't be allowed to drive sober.

lol.. Because people aren't smoking now because of the prohibition? I could give a shit if it's legal' date=' or not.. But don't assume that folks are not smoking it because the government says they're not allowed to.

Hemp was outlawed to promote the cotton industry in the country. More fabulous government intervention that has landed innocent people in prison for a victimless crime. Just about half of our prison population is made up of non-violent drug offenders.

Your logic is shit.. Unless i was just trolled, in which case you can't blame me because i'm high as balls.[/quote']

+1 :D

For the people who dont want "pot heads" running around, you would be surprised how many of us there already are. Its so easy to smoke and continue on with your day without anyone even knowing. Hell, I wake and bake almost everyday and no one has ever been the wiser and my possible future employer actually WANTS me to smoke at work because it makes the work environment more relaxed and less stressful. It honestly makes me more productive in some cases as well.

Edited by JStump
  • Upvote 1

Keep it illegal. It keeps more government jobs in the system and money flowing through the black market.

If it was more profitable as a legal substance we would have made it legal by now.

I definitely don't want a bunch of pot heads running around Ohio. Most of them are more dumb than a box of rocks.

Really, your prez. is a former pot smoker.

For the people who dont want "pot heads" running around, you would be surprised how many of us there already are. Its so easy to smoke and continue on with your day without anyone even knowing. Hell, I wake and bake almost everyday and no one has ever been the wiser and my possible future employer actually WANTS me to smoke at work because it makes the work environment more relaxed and less stressful. It honestly it makes me more productive in some cases as well.

I know a girl who has a marketing position where they actually have alcohol on hand for employees to drink at work (if they desire) because it helps them be more creative and open to ideas.

I'm wondering how long the feds will tolerate possession/usage the newly legal states? I'm guessing they'll look the other way under a certain amount but will hammer those over that amount.