Corey Taylor = Best voice ever in rock

NinjaNick

One of my favorite bands of all time, and Geoff Tate has an amazing voice.

I agree...to quote a line from Coming to America: That boy good!

However, pretty much anything they put out after Empire sucked ass and now Geoff and the rest of the band are in a huge lawsuit with each other. From what I've heard he's a giant douche.

Cud from mudvayne is up there too. I heard he was in the Vienna boys choir or some shit, either way he can sing and scream and does both extremely well....and the music is technical and complex, something you can't say about stone sour or balloonknot.

He actually founded stone sour first, slipknot just took off first, he then used his slipknot fame to springboard stone sour.

Mushroomhead > slipknot.

Went to see Mushroomhead play at The Blue Cat in Bellefontaine 6-7 years ago. Now i have to go dig through my CD's!

Are we talking lyrics or vocals alone?

My vote still goes to the thread starter. The fact is he can scream with the best of them and sing with anyone mentioned in this thread whereas those mentioned cannot scream and therefor do not match the vocal capabilities of Corey.

Im not a Slipknot or a Stone Sour fanboy but the guy has talent.

• Upvote 1

Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland, Mark Lanegan, Mike Ness, Layne Staley, Claudio Sanchez, etc.. lots of good rock vocalists I would rank up there with Corey. I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but he does have a great voice. It's not all about screaming, I like vocalists that have a unique sound...not necessarily the most range. Corey definitely has his own sound, which is refreshing in a time when every artist on Rock radio sounds like some variation of the Killers or Strokes or some other shitty flavor of the week band.

• Upvote 1

Wanna hear a dude with an incredible voice singing hilarious songs?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/to0v5ydaybtdvsl/VbjTBRezfG

I hope we can all agree that nickleback is just fucking horrible and sucks hobo cock for cigarette money. If you disagree with that statement please kill your family before dissolving your worthless carcass in a hotel bathtub full of lye.

Cud from mudvayne is up there too. I heard he was in the Vienna boys choir or some shit, either way he can sing and scream and does both extremely well....and the music is technical and complex, something you can't say about stone sour or balloonknot.

:lol:

I own a few Mudvayne albums. Most all their songs sound the same IMO. I can only play them for a few songs then I need a break from them.

Claudio Sanchez

Man I wish they still made good music, their albums have blown since IKSOSE:3. Both Good Apollo albums were lackluster and Black Rainbow was just garbage

Damn, I really wanna listen to some Coheed now