how to sell a bike with a lean please

BikerBoy

I am considering selling my 09 gsxr 1000

it has a lean to a bank against the bike

I want to sell the bike and transfer the title, i understand it's not the best time of the year to sell a motorcycle.

what would i need to do to sell the bike, i can't pay it off and get title and then sell it .

I am thinking agreeing with someone for an amount and sell the bike to them , let them have the bike , pay the bike off " using their cash and of course what more i need to pay " then ask the bank for the title and transfer it to buyer or something like that.

Advices please

sorry if the question was asked before.

Risky you would have to go to the bank together and you pay the bike off and transfer the bike over to the buyer at the bank and give him the statment that the bikes paid off and no leans are on the title.

to my knowledge the bank doesn't have a branch in Ohio , GE capital bank

Edited by BikerBoy

Basically what you said, which would involve and extremely trusting buyer. Especially since they would be accepting a certain amount of risk as far as getting the title anytime soon. Perhaps securing a local personal loan to pay off that one would be your best bet.

Give me a price I can't refuse and I'll take the risk. :read:

This is done everyday contact the bank and get your pay off but make sure you get at least a 7 day pay off. Collect your money, give buyer possession of the bike and bill of sale you could even have it notarized to make buyer feel better, pay bank and wait for title (they may overnight it for a fee).... now the hard part may be trying to find a buyer trusting enough

who is Interested in a GSXR 1000 with body damage ?

an 09 black , 1200 miles, bought brand new this year , warranty " i think till july 13 "

state 8 checked the bike after it fell , said nothing but cosmetic damage , i want to sell it due to possible move out of state

Private message to discuss price.