Maybe time for a new bike?

Buckeye4Life

but i'm a single man and i don't think that would seal the deal with any of the ladytypes who're into motorcycles.

If she is into motorcycles for just the looks them maybe she is the wrong kinda woman, most of the ones I know are more about the ride than the look of the bike.

I don't know if its been suggested but maybe look into a yamaha stratoliner. 1800cc v-twin and way more comfortable than a Harley. You should be able to find an 08 low miles around $7,000 easy. The midnight mon-touring model comes with detachable windshield, sissy bar and saddle bags.

i'm a single man and i don't think that would seal the deal with any of the ladytypes who're into motorcycles.

sounds like to me,if thats why you ride motorcycles... your riding for all the wrong reasons!

If a women is really into motorcycles, shes going to have her own bike. If she claims to be into motorcycles, and doesn't own a bike. Its a scam, Run far far away. At the first sign of a good relationship in her eyes, shes going to want you to sell it.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

bump up th $$ range a bit and pick up a brand new Honda NC700x. No cruiser or speeding bullet but it is a torquey commuter type bike, capable of doing longer distances and delivering 80MPG. Upright riding position, feet underneath and should be back friendly.

Honda-NC700X.jpg

Ugly as hell

I think op has himself sold on a HD.

my only suggestion to op is:

save money for atleast a dyna. the sporty's are small and uncomfortable for any highway running or anything over an hour. best way to describe a sporty is: bar hopper. stay away from any of the real basic ones, basically the ones that "look cool". they'll be uncpmfortable on any sort of highway srretch. riding 12" apes with forward controls sucks above 50mph, let alone for multiple hours.

id also suggest riding for yourself, and not for the ladies. the type of women you'll pickup because "youre a hot biker" are one time use anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Final decision: I'm keeping the GS. I've got a Katana 600 Rear Shock ordered (It's a direct drop in) to set the back end of the bike up a bit and stiffen it up. I'm also going to get some clip on handlebars to put myself more forward so i can actually use the windscreen (which I'm replacing with a double bubble). Basically, I'm making it a bit sportier and more comfortable by fitting it to my larger frame a bit better than the 5'6", 150 lb person it was designed for.

Final decision: I'm keeping the GS. I've got a Katana 600 Rear Shock ordered (It's a direct drop in) to set the back end of the bike up a bit and stiffen it up. I'm also going to get some clip on handlebars to put myself more forward so i can actually use the windscreen (which I'm replacing with a double bubble). Basically, I'm making it a bit sportier and more comfortable by fitting it to my larger frame a bit better than the 5'6", 150 lb person it was designed for.

I don't think clipons are a step in the right direction. Have you sat on a bike with clipons? They will cause you to lean quite a bit more forward if you don't know the proper muscles to use it will be uncomfortable. If you don't use your core muscles your wrists shoulders and back will hurt. If I'm not mistaken the gs has pegs that are more forward than the rear sets on most sportbikes. I would think that clipons with these pegs would bunch you up more similar to sitting in a chair that's too low to the ground creating an awkward riding position.

If you do get clipons get a set of the adjustable ones so you can set them where you need them. Makes sure you keep the stock handlebar because you may want to switch back and it may be a deal breaker when it comes time to sell it.

Yeah, I've looked at both SM's and clip on's. They give about the same position as the clip on's. Rear sets will be the next purchase after I get some more hours at work. Gimbel, a German company, makes a pair for the GS. For the clip on's I'm looking at some Woodcraft adjustable ones.

• 1 month later...
I'm going to have to be honest, aesthetics are something that i would like to look for in a bike and no offence to anyone on here, but i think those are ugly as sin. I know they're getting to be more popular and they're really comfortable, but i'm a single man and i don't think that would seal the deal with any of the ladytypes who're into motorcycles.

Guys don't buy ADV style bikes to impress chicks...they do it to give themselves an excuse to get away from their wives for a weekend. However, if you do find a chick that is impressed by an ADV bike, she is a keeper.

She's a keeper AND she's blind!

Nah not really, I would rock a BMW GS or KTM 990 anyday. Beauty is subjective. I think the Versys and NC700X are cool looking bikes...to me ugly is defined by those gaudy chromed out HOGS with tassels ridden by dudes dressed like pirates.

Edited by drew95gt