New to me 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Howabusa

I have been thinking about trying to get rid of my oil burning POS 2002 Toyota highlander before it blew up. I stopped at Mathews Jeep yesterday to look for a Wrangler or a used 4X4 Ranger. They had a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 17,500 miles and both a hard & soft top. I wasn't sure if we could get a loan, since my youngest step-daughter had been screwing up on loans that my wife is cosigned on. They paid off the Toyota, I put $500 down and they got me a 72 month loan at 2.45 interest. Also threw in an extended warranty & gap protection. This is the 2nd vehicle that we have bought from Mathews car dealers in Marion. I really happy with the deal & I love the Jeep. I would recommend this dealer to anyone!

what do you mean? i dont believe it folds, but what is the "show" part youre talking about? the straps are the hood latches....theyre functional...am i missing something? lol

**edit oooh i see....the little bumpers in the middle of the hood.....hmm...now im interested too lol....it doesnt look like it folds (although it does appear to have a hinge..the edges look like theyre shaped into the body kinda), but im guessing it would, you know car companies are so cheap these days they dont add anything that isnt necessary....hell, i see cars now without fuel doors lol

Edited by Steve Butters

Looks like a lot of extra work compared to my old CJ. :eek:

Wow no joke.

My jeep has two big thumb screws. Pull those and it falls forward.

I suppose the new way has to do with safety standards integrating the sport bars into the whole roll cage.