Good brand of riding jeans?

Gump

I don't want a look like Michael Jackson in some leathers, need pointed in the right direction for some protective jeans type material riding pants of good reputation.

Edited by Gump

Speed and Strength, Teknic, Joe Rocket are some examples of quality brands that actually look like real jeans.

Some will have Kevlar lined knee and seat area or just knee areas. The better jeans will have this plus pockets to hold optional CE armor. We have options, it's just a matter of what you want and how much you'd like to spend.

^^what do you have nowadays? I know I should really upgrade from my Shift jeans to something more protective that is also comfortable. I've got joe rocket mesh pants that seem better but not by much

^^what do you have nowadays? I know I should really upgrade from my Shift jeans to something more protective that is also comfortable. I've got joe rocket mesh pants that seem better but not by much

What's more protective then say the Sliders that's comfortable and not hot? I've never owned any type of riding pants so I have no idea.

Abrasion resistance and breath-ability is important, but good armor is even more important for the impacts IMHO. So many great varieties of very comfy riding pants out there for all seasons, not much of a reason not to wear them. The same can be said for real motorcycle boots, once you have them it is damn hard to go with anything else.

I have Shift kevlar lined jeans, but I don't know how well they would hold up in a serious high speed slide. No impact protection either....note to self, don't crash.

That's why I add these under muh Sliders:

http://evs-sports.com/store/product.php?productid=17692&cat=272&page=1

http://www.amazon.com/SHIFT-ENFORCER-GUARDS-BLACK-ADULT/dp/B005WVZEFS

ill most likley be snagging these up in black

I'm looking at those as well. Anybody tried them yet? How's the fit and comfort. Went to Iron Pony last year to look at textile pants and all of them fit like ski pants or sit really really low which kind of defeats the concept of protection.

Although, I don't think any of the men's gear is cut as stupid as that.

Somebody told me that Rev It are some A-star former employees and their ladies cuts are much better than the other brands. Not sure if that is true or not. Northern Ohio Ducati carries the brand so I'm going to try and make it out there to check them out in person soon.

Mary

• 3 months later...