The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

Mach retard has only been done one time with other riders from here and it was clearly laid out as not a group ride.

I'm not sure but did I just get called a not responsible rider?

Nope. But did I just get lumped in with you?

Mach retard has only been done one time with other riders from here and it was clearly laid out as not a group ride.

Nooo way punk, I was just trying to re emphasize to others not to jump in with you if they havent experienced that kind of fast group rides. Sorry if i worded wrong. And you are one of the most responsible rider in here and every one know that and respect it. thats why i keep saying, u shud be directing the proceedings.

it would have been so much easier, but it never works perfect, as many people show up and many dont and in the end its all a last minute draw. But for some magical reason it always works out alright just like last two years. But the question is who will take the initiative this year. I am all so vocal onyl behind the PC, in real life i am a shy scary pussy who hides behind the camera :lol: pauly, punk took over last two years and it worked out. I have a gut feeling UP will resurrect this year as well :p

I will be at the meeting spot by 11:00AM and help in any way I can until 11:30. At that time I will be heading out to ride. My organizational desires have gotten the best of me though and I'm going to follow a route. Yes, it includes 555.

• Upvote 1

it would have been so much easier, but it never works perfect, as many people show up and many dont and in the end its all a last minute draw. But for some magical reason it always works out alright just like last two years. But the question is who will take the initiative this year. I am all so vocal onyl behind the PC, in real life i am a shy scary pussy who hides behind the camera :lol: pauly, punk took over last two years and it worked out. I have a gut feeling UP will resurrect this year as well :p

It doesn't need to work perfectly but it would be a good head start so people know who to look for if they don't know who the lead/sweep riders are. Just a suggestion. I can help organize the best I can buy I tend to be a grumpy asshole :lol:

and what an awesome day that was for the select group! :D

I usually ride around 70 in a 55 between curves, speed up to whatever is safe in the curves and coast back down to 70 on the straights. (Sometimes I forget to slow down but it's not a theme on group rides.) I keep it no more than 10 over in any speed zone other through town and villages.

It was kind of funny last year, few wanted to ride in the fast group, we had to recruit people out of the next group to make the sizes more even. Totally unlike the Coshocton rides where everybody wanted to be in the fast group.

Thanks for the clarification Uncle Punk. We'll get it sorted out just fine now.

Last ride I went through Nessonville was late September. The speedway was actually on the NW side of 78. It appeared to be a newer station, so they might have moved it.

Meaning we would actually need to ride past 78 and doubleback. That light on 78/33 is usually pretty damn congested as well.

Dang :( its too late to change any thing i guess, we will play it by the ear. Leave it upto the judgement of lead of each small group to make the call of which gas stop to stop by, seems like there are at least 3 in the vicinity. Our final aim is to be on road within about 20-25 mins of stopping for gas, and to hit 78 towards east. As long as they keep the schedule and right road we wil be okay. Traffic congestion :( no choice i guess

thx for the heads up cdub

Edited by NinjaDoc

Forecast is still looking good for Saturday.

It's ironic that the only week in Spring I travel to South Florida for work the weather here is absolute shit and it's fantastic in Ohio. Hopefully the rain isn't too bad tomorrow, otherwise there's a very real chance I'll get stuck in Atlanta.

I think I kinda remember that ride

Forecast is still looking good for Saturday.

It's ironic that the only week in Spring I travel to South Florida for work the weather here is absolute shit and it's fantastic in Ohio. Hopefully the rain isn't too bad tomorrow, otherwise there's a very real chance I'll get stuck in Atlanta.

best day for a ride :) it would be a crime not to ride on this day, and its totally unsocial not to come and meet other fellow riders at least if not riding :D

In less than 12 miles, your route will elevate to 4' shy of 500 feet. Pretty cool.

From the 74.7 mile point to the 86 mile point, you will go from 652 feet above

sea level to 1148 feet above sea level.

The lowest point of the route is 643 feet above sea level, at mile 39.2 .

Edited by JackFlash

best day for a ride :) it would be a crime not to ride on this day, and its totally unsocial not to come and meet other fellow riders at least if not riding :D

Believe me, as long as I can get out of Miami and back into Akron tomorrow I will be there.

Aren't you the chief offender for this? :lol:

:p

I'm glad someone picked up the irony!

Nah usually the big stuff I wait to say ill be there until I know for sure. Random group rides I usually always made if I said I would but I did have a stretch where I was pretty bad and kept drinking too much and being too hungover to ride

I will be willing to run sweep for one of the medium groups, but only if the lead is knowledgeable of the route. I know the roads a little but my knowledge is specifically to 78, 56, and 93. I don't recall ever riding on 669 or 691 at all. I will download the route details for my tank bag tomorrow night just in case, if im not needed that's just as well to. Gives me less responsibility

Believe me, as long as I can get out of Miami and back into Akron tomorrow I will be there.

quit and fly backl :p

get on any stupid plane to come back and ride the royal cross plane

I will be willing to run sweep for one of the medium groups, but only if the lead is knowledgeable of the route. I know the roads a little but my knowledge is specifically to 78, 56, and 93. I don't recall ever riding on 669 or 691 at all. I will download the route details for my tank bag tomorrow night just in case, if im not needed that's just as well to. Gives me less responsibility

perfect, thx gunner. As i mentioned before any one stepping forward greatly appreciated.