The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

These are the gas stops

gasstops_zps468feb2d.jpg

gasstops2_zps6df50d62.jpg

• This is the one and only gas stop
  • High grade fuel available
  • 85 miles from here to end of ride with gas stop around (almost sure every one can make that)
  • Fast group (less in number) will fill from speedway
  • Medium groups (more number) will go to BP
  • Slow groups will go to speedway and by that time hopefully fast group is done
  • Wait time of about 20 mins here for every one to fill up.
  • After 20 mins the fast guys will start to pull out
  • Hopefully soon the medium and slow group can start pulling out
  • No need to get over excited seeing the other groups pulling out, just make sure you are ready for your own group lead and sweep.
  • Overall just like any other normal group ride, just follow the hints from lead and sweep.

If UP is out we need a lead for the fast group.

to start off with, i was thinking there would be no one to ride in UP mach pace since most of his fast companies are leading other groups :D That group would have been UP and Inyaz only :lol:

Jschaf and Gasser would be leading a fast enuff pace for the speedy guys to enjoy.

having said all that, if still guys crave for more, entice UP to ride and lead

There a Shell in Nelsonville also.....Not far from speedway..

Cant locate it on map :( , but if there is we will leave it up to the last slow group lead guys to decide on choosing it based on how busy the other two is, if not we will keep with this plan for now to avoid confusion

I plan on riding at "The Pace" with reasonable straightaway speeds, fun in the corners & pretty much the speed limit in towns & villages. This would be prudent considering the attention a group of this size will probably get. I don't really want to be the point on the end of the spear, carrying the red flag if you know what I mean.

Shell Nelsonville

1155 Chestnut St, Nelsonville OH 45764-1412

Phone Number: (937) 426-6670

Might want to call and see if they are still functional.

.EDIT: I just went to street level at that address on Google Maps. It's a Marathon at street view. It must have been a Shell at one time. Shell was still

listed under that address in an online phone book.

Edited by JackFlash

Well if nobody else is riding in the fast group, I guess there's no need for a fast group.

I'm good riding in the the next in line group. It's the first ride for me anyways. I have bad habits that need to be broken.

I plan on riding at "The Pace" with reasonable straightaway speeds, fun in the corners & pretty much the speed limit in towns & villages. This would be prudent considering the attention a group of this size will probably get. I don't really want to be the point on the end of the spear, carrying the red flag if you know what I mean.

I usually ride around 70 in a 55 between curves, speed up to whatever is safe in the curves and coast back down to 70 on the straights. (Sometimes I forget to slow down but it's not a theme on group rides.) I keep it no more than 10 over in any speed zone other through town and villages.

Well if nobody else is riding in the fast group, I guess there's no need for a fast group.

I'm good riding in the the next in line group. It's the first ride for me anyways. I have bad habits that need to be broken.

It was kind of funny last year, few wanted to ride in the fast group, we had to recruit people out of the next group to make the sizes more even. Totally unlike the Coshocton rides where everybody wanted to be in the fast group.

That hotter than hades Coshocton ride was my intro to group rides. The front of the fast group went at a pretty good clip if I remember correctly. I certainly don't think it would be a good idea to carry that speed this ride. That was more of a "small group that you ride with a lot on roads that you ride a lot" pace.

That hotter than hades Coshocton ride was my intro to group rides. The front of the fast group went at a pretty good clip if I remember correctly. I certainly don't think it would be a good idea to carry that speed this ride. That was more of a "small group that you ride with a lot on roads that you ride a lot" pace.

Those guys are nuts

I thought the fast group pace last year was great.

Once we got the group sorted out atleast.

I thought so too once we got rid of MT

Lol and this is where the med group becomes the new fast group :)

It was kind of funny last year, few wanted to ride in the fast group, we had to recruit people out of the next group to make the sizes more even. Totally unlike the Coshocton rides where everybody wanted to be in the fast group.

That's kinda how I was thinking this ride was gonna be. I'm fine with no fast group...and if this wasn't my first ride for the season I'd be happy to lead.

I'll still drop the route in my GPS in case I'm needed. More than happy to help out.

Lol and this is where the med group becomes the new fast group :)

Dont worry tim, UP was supposed to lead a pace sometimes called as "mach retard" or next to it. But except for frequent flyers of that jet plane no one else shud be doing that pace. those frequent flyers are now leading the next pace level, Both gasser and jschaf i rode with are very responsible riders. Nothing to worry they will keep fun pace for the experienced.

Meanwhile there is still two medium intermediate pace groups as well as slow groups where majority will be riding.

If we have trouble like last year where we find it hard to fill up the fast groups we will have to tweak one fast group a little bit slower etc etc

Wondering if it would be good to start another thread that has who in what group so we don't spend forever at the meet spot figuring that out...

it would have been so much easier, but it never works perfect, as many people show up and many dont and in the end its all a last minute draw. But for some magical reason it always works out alright just like last two years. But the question is who will take the initiative this year. I am all so vocal onyl behind the PC, in real life i am a shy scary pussy who hides behind the camera :lol: pauly, punk took over last two years and it worked out. I have a gut feeling UP will resurrect this year as well :p

Dont worry tim, UP was supposed to lead a pace sometimes called as "mach retard" or next to it. But except for frequent flyers of that jet plane no one else shud be doing that pace. those frequent flyers are now leading the next pace level, Both gasser and jschaf i rode with are very responsible riders. Nothing to worry they will keep fun pace for the experienced.

Meanwhile there is still two medium intermediate pace groups as well as slow groups where majority will be riding.

If we have trouble like last year where we find it hard to fill up the fast groups we will have to tweak one fast group a little bit slower etc etc

Mach retard has only been done one time with other riders from here and it was clearly laid out as not a group ride.

I'm not sure but did I just get called a not responsible rider?

Last ride I went through Nessonville was late September. The speedway was actually on the NW side of 78. It appeared to be a newer station, so they might have moved it.

Meaning we would actually need to ride past 78 and doubleback. That light on 78/33 is usually pretty damn congested as well.