The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

I can lead slow group in a pinch.

Great put you down along with firedog/gunner for a group since havent heard from bmwnut yet.

here is the link to the route in mapquest form for anyone who has a GPS they can send the map to

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=10-TrIK6TgV

thx will update first post.

I wish more women had your attitude.

hahah :p see you tomo tim, hang with alzheimer tomorrow, he liked mentoring you :)

This should be a good ride

finally we meet

I will see what work does tonight, then decide in the morning?

Probably a good ride for the V-Strom.

Holy crap, where you been new track snob :) . come and ride no ifs, or buts,

Count me in for tomorrow for the cruiser group. Tom.
You might be riding alone then. :D

:D naaaah he is just messing with you,

Revel just pmed me about this as well. there will be at least 5 cruisers if not more. That means you will have a comfortable group and pace to ride. One slow group is lead by a goldwing. But dont be fooled he likes to go brisk with that thing :D

I had hoped be in a medium group as the slow group last year had caused me some heartache

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My slow group shouldnt be too slow I would imagine, I will get a good feel for how everybody is hanging and the overall pace pretty early into the ride. We can always make adjustments as we see fit. :cool:

Approximately 90 riders/ 6 groups =Approximately 15 riders per group. That's going to be tough. I would hope a few more would step up to the plate for lead/sweep.

Good point.

We need more cowbell people.

Gunner, you can always move to another group at the first gas stop. Just make sure you find the lead and sweep for BOTH groups and make them aware.

That goes for everyone I guess.

I can lead or sweep another slow group if needed. I would be more comfy in the sweep. I'm not comfortable setting a pace for others, as I can do both spirited and slow. And we would probably get lost, as has been known to happen when I'm out front.

Good point.

We need more cowbell people.

Gunner, you can always move to another group at the first gas stop. Just make sure you find the lead and sweep for BOTH groups and make them aware.

That goes for everyone I guess.

Ill stay with pokey. I told doc I'd sweep for him. To change would add more confusion than is needed

Approximately 90 riders/ 6 groups =Approximately 15 riders per group. That's going to be tough. I would hope a few more would step up to the plate for lead/sweep.

that will be a dream come true and outstanding if they all showed up, But to be realistic i am expecting around 60, no matter what we will find ways to divide it as 10 max per group.

But like you said it would have been best if we had few more volunteers as stand by

I can lead or sweep another slow group if needed. I would be more comfy in the sweep. I'm not comfortable setting a pace for others, as I can do both spirited and slow. And we would probably get lost, as has been known to happen when I'm out front.

Perfect,would add you as stand by too in case we need more.

I will bring multiple copies of my abbreviated EZ read route instructions for those that are directionally challenged that want to lead a group. Plus painters tape to tape them to your tank. Low tech but effective.

If anyone thinks they are going to be in the first group out, PM me your contact info, and maybe more important, your ICE info.

Obviously it's not mandatory, but if it gives you a warm and fuzzy it's easier for me to drop this in my phone in front of a real keyboard instead of trying to fat finger it in a parking lot.

Again, purely on a voluntary basis.

I'm officially in. As Pokey has already said I've led a few rides before as well as ran sweep. He and I ride at pretty much the same pace and I have the route/track already loaded so if Gunner wants to move to another group from the start...

I've never ridden an OR ride before so I didn't want to volunteer and violate the first timer rule. I tend to ride at a "5 to 10 MPH over" pace and that lets me ride at a more relaxed rhythm while piloting around my SuperTanker.

Got my preride inspection completed, changed oil & filter, checked coolant level, brakes, cleaned and lubed my chain. Be heading out around 745 to meet anomersgsxr in marysville.

i didnt know if this was the right way to do it hence i didnt suggest the idea. I wanted to collect phone number of all the leads and sweeps volunteer. Then could have made a small print out of the same along with the map, but then wasnt sure if people liked to share the number randomly to 60 other people :D

anyways its too late for that now :( going to get some sleep, havent had a good sleep in two days. like jschaf said, i am also brining about 30-40 print out of the route.

Riding will overcome fear, and develop skills and confidence. But still, respect for the machine's capabilities, and staying alert and thinking a step ahead in traffic will keep the fun factor at a high level. Be a smart rider and minimize risks.