The EPIC Ohio Group Ride

NinjaDoc

So how bad were the other two injuries?

Roley (dying Shadow) was telling me yesterday that someone got airlifted out? Who was that?

I don't think it was true man a couple PEPs said some one did and other say no so idk.

That was me on the BMW. Sorry I took a knife to a gun fight - I'll bring one of the Duc's on the next ride. The BMW just can't hang with sport bikes all that well.

Nice hangin' with Inya though. We almost got taken out 6-7 times by crazy assed Logan car drivers on our way back. Freakin' amazing.:eek:

I took a few pics and will post them on the pic thread.

Eric

You're a stand up guy Eric. It was my pleasure to meet you.

Thanks for staying back to help out. Hopefully next time will be crash free.

By the way, I don't think I ever thanked you for leading the NEO folks down, so thanks!

I had a blast chasing you and Dave. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Jodi and I (Scott) had a great time meeting folks at Iron Pony and experiencing our first group ride to Logan. A couple times I wish I'd brought my Nighthawk 700 but the VStar 1100 was a lot more comfortable for the two of us. Funny how there was only one other (Zuki S/M/C50) cruiser, and nobody else 2-up on the way down but I never mind being different. :-). And wow, what a great array of sport bikes to look at! Special kudos to those who held traffic and negotiated traffic for the group, and for the few riding pre-2000 equipment - I love looking at the older stuff.

Anyway, we had planned to break off and do our own thing instead of the full ride, to work up to longer rides later, and it was a good call, and a great time. We took 664 north to 13 to 79 to 16/161 to Westerville. Very scenic and experience-building on a 2-up cruiser but we took it easy and never felt out of our comfort level.

So, thank you everyone for the great time, and my thoughts are with those who went down.

I'm looking forward to more opportunities to ride together!

First off get well soon to those that had incidents today. Hope all that were in my group had a good time. Sorry for the one detour.Cool beans that your Father showed up Will. Was nice to see some old faces and meet some new peeps. ended up with 520 miles. Thanks to all for the effort put forth to pull this off.One more thing----I'm never sweeping for you squids on the Gold Wing again.

Good riding with you, Al Z. Never mind the detour, only about a mile out of the way. Ya did great.

Yes big hell yeah to pokey for the pace. My girlfriend has never been on a group ride let alone that long and cold ( well in the begining any way). She has never been around any sport bike community before. Said she never felt outta place and everybody made her felt welcomed. Was nice meeting everyone and to tom and andy for riding out with us. Look foward to doing it again we had a blast. Also for the down riders to have a speedy recovery.

Edited by hahafzr
typo

I had an amazing time! Wish I would have went with a faster group though. Kept trying different groups looking for more, ended in pockeys group and had a awesome time riding with the 20 some bikes that ended in that ride also. I hope te people that were injured come back quickly, I think we did ok. Lived meeting you all and riding with you!! What an awesome day it was!!

By the way, I don't think I ever thanked you for leading the NEO folks down, so thanks!

I had a blast chasing you and Dave. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Will, It was great to have you along with us. Looking forward to future rides.

Sorry about that, Joe - great meeting you and Mike, even if we did get lost for a bit.

Great to meet those that I had time to talk to - will do it again!

Guys, thanks for a fun event. Earache, we missed you on the ride home but it sounds like you managed to salvage the day. Joe was a good leader on the return trip.

----------------------

Thanks to MyKill for a nice ride. No way would I have ridden unframiliar roads at that pace on my own, so it was an experience for me and only a couple pucker moments.

Good day and I look forward to seeing the pics.

I am glad for the most part that my pace wasn't too bad, I got a bit frisky there for about the last half hour though. :D My group seemed to grow as I looked back, and so glad we all got home safely. :) Now we need a big Fall ride.......of course everyone is welcome to my Laborday weekend bash that I host, we ride our asses off on that Saturday. Great food and good times are had, lots of room for camping and we have hot showers too. Will post more info as it gets closer, just putting a bug in everyone's ear.

Got home about an hour ago, great ride home couple of wet spots but no rain. Yesterdays ride was nice, good group of riders. Pokey thanks for the lead, just the right pace for two up. Hellmutt, Snot, Quick we had a great weekend other a few bee problems the cabin was awesome

• Upvote 1

Made it home a few hours ago. Nice meeting everyone and this was a great start to what is shaping up to be an awesome riding season. I'm looking forward to some more rides with you fine people!

A very nice weekend for a ride, good idea. Good seeing you again Brian, as well as Steve. Maybe next time you can come over here to my neck of the woods for a run.

Everyone ride safe,

Greg

Ditto Greg.....see you Laborday, hopefully before that too? ;)

......of course everyone is welcome to my Laborday weekend bash that I host, we ride our asses off on that Saturday. Great food and good times are had, lots of room for camping and we have hot showers too. Will post more info as it gets closer, just putting a bug in everyone's ear.

I don't think I got a chance to meet you, but this sounds like a good time. I'll be looking out for the details!

So anyone with a head count? Or post how many was in your group, ours ended with about 20.

I know when the group photo was taken a few had already left.

Our group started the ride with 8 but 2 stayed to help after the crash which was pretty early on so most of the ride was with 5.

I feel like an old man today, my hip is sorer than hell. I'm hoping it is simply due to the wicked cramp I got towards the end

Also, hopefully my rambling BS was somewhat discernible when we were trying to organize who would go in what group. Since Nivin is a quiet man and neither UP or IP were there I tried last minute to take the reigns of getting things organized so we could ride. I tend to get a bit ancy sitting around a parking lot when good roads are ahead which was why I was an asshole about the request of a group picture as I was trying to get groups out of the parking lot

So anyone with a head count? Or post how many was in your group, ours ended with about 20.

A few of us started in the slow group and then split off at the gas station. I lead 4 of us back to the mall (after a slight detour through Logan :lol: ) at a "medium-slow" pace.

I feel like an old man today, my hip is sorer than hell. I'm hoping it is simply due to the wicked cramp I got towards the end

Also, hopefully my rambling BS was somewhat discernible when we were trying to organize who would go in what group. Since Nivin is a quiet man and neither UP or IP were there I tried last minute to take the reigns of getting things organized so we could ride. I tend to get a bit ancy sitting around a parking lot when good roads are ahead which was why I was an asshole about the request of a group picture as I was trying to get groups out of the parking lot

You did great, and I was ready to ride too!!!!! :cheers: