What Rain Gear Do You Wear?

JackFlash

I have one of the Tourmaster 2 piece rain suits.

I used mine last year for about 5 hours of pouring rain through the mountains of WV/TN/NC and stayed completely dry. Fairly compact and not too expensive. It's not breathable, so I wouldn't want to wear it on a really hot day (or when dry), but I didn't have any issues while it was raining.

DFNDERBLK.jpg

TourMaster Defender

Tourmaster air intake 2 jacket. Has a removable zip out rain liner. It doens't breath well, but it does the job of keeping me dry. I think I've used it 2-3 times. I'm considering upgrading to the air intake 3. As it looks to vent a little better with the rain liner in.

TCX waterproof boots work very well. I've been caught in the rain multiple times, my feet are always dry.

I used a set of cheap walmart rain pants when I knew it was going to rain. NOT meant to ride in. But they kept me dry.

No waterproof gloves, although I have considered getting some, or something to cover my gloves.

I read on the Iron Butt list once that someone was taking a mixture of silicone caulk and mineral spirits to make a thin "paste" which they spread on to the crotch/butt of their riding pants to make them waterproof. I have not tried this yet but it sounds good in theory.

I would probably take some material (say an old tank bag) and try it before doing this to my riding gear.

If I get around to doing this, I'll keep you posted.

Very interesting.......I am intrigued.

• 2 weeks later...