Soon we'll be able to legally go a little faster

Casper

pffft, only ever see 70 on the way to 80. They should have just set it at 100 and be done with it.

Just what I was thinking. I used to do surveying and the civil engineer I worked for had a copy of the plans for I-75...the super elevations in the design were for speeds up to 100mph. Now you can say you learned something today.:D

If tractor trailers can do 70 MPH on I-77 between Beckley, WV and Charleston, WV, then they can do it on any interstate in Ohio. Like ScubaCinci mentions, all of the interstate routes in Ohio are designed for these speeds. I understand limiting the speed limits in the high population areas due to high traffic counts, but there are too many gaps in that map.

...rookie. ;)

really it was the times I was going through. I made 2 early Sunday morning trips and those I did in 3 hours flat and 3 hours and 2 mins, could never seem to break 3 hrs. This was also back when 90% of 71 was only 2 lanes

Saw on comment "People do 70-80 when the limit is 65, so when the limit is 70 they'll do 90-100!"

The speed limit change won't affect me. I go at the speed I feel is the best compromise between traffic flow and safety - and that speed is different day-to-day, road-to-road and even moment-to-moment.

90-100 would make me happy

NOPE!

The problem with raising the speed limit is too many people can't drive already. Adding more speed to their non driving ass would be bad. Then you have the other people who can't even do the speed limit as it is now. Those people are straight terrible and can be dangerous as well.

I wish there was some way to have graduated licensing in the US. I can handle a vehicle at high rates of speed and have the instincts and reaction ability to do so. More than 50% of drivers cannot however