talk me into (or out of) a hayabusa

John

Busa or zx-14 have similar layout and power... go for it.

^^ you said that comparing to your 1100xx.

Dude, a 12 year old 1100 Honda is nothing close to a new Busa or 14 in power. :nono:

It barely was a match for the old zx12, and the 12 still topped it. Just stick to installing speakers on bikes and preaching the word about guns and the military.

Edited by NinjaNick
  • Upvote 1

^^ you said that comparing to your 1100xx.

Dude, a 12 year old 1100 Honda is nothing close to a new Busa or 14 in power. :nono:

It barely was a match for the old zx12, and the 12 still topped it. Just stick to installing speakers on bikes and preaching the word about guns and the military.

I got enough power at any reasonable speed to break the tire loose or bring the front end up, I've ridden a couple of gen 1 busas, and didn't notice a huge power difference on the butt dyno...apparently I cant feel the roughly 20 horsepower difference. I've also got a full akra exhaust, and a pc2, so a few extra horses there...

I've never ridden a gen 2.

Edited by magley64

I thought about going Busa when I was hypersport shopping, but they're a dozen to 1 compared to the ZX14......Busa are everywhere! I went with the more unique choice, plus I found the big Ninja easier on my eyes.....either bike is comfy compared to your CBR. Concours/FJR are both great 'tweeners from sport to Goldwings. Shaft drive is simpler to maintain, comfy semi-sport riding position, the bags and accessories are nice features to have, plentiful power, and can still dig in to corners.

What about a BMW K1300R/S/GT? Or BKing?

Edited by Hellmutt

If you would use bags very often, you may want to ride a true sport touring bike like the Honda st1300, Yamaha FJR1300, Kawasaki Concours1400, or one of the BMWs. The bags are lockable, and you can easily remove them for sport riding. If you won't use the bags often, the zx14 and Busa will both be more comfy than your current bike for long rides. If you want fast, obviously the Busa and ZX14 are the way to go. The sport touring bikes listed above run 10s in the quarter mile. FWIW, I can ride my Coincours all day long at high rates of speed very comfortably. I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway last year with a couple guys with BMW K1300GSs, and they like their bikes as much as I like mine.

If I were looking for something that fit the criteria of the original post I would opt for the BMW K1300S for the 2 up comfort, looks, & mile munching potential. With that said, get yourself a Busa if thats what you've got your heart set on. You will probably be happy with whatever you choose. Any of the bikes mentioned in the thread will suit your purpose a hell of a lot better than your CBR.

Danballa sport tours on a busa. I don't know if he is riding as much these days, but pm him with any busa specific questions and you'll get an honest answer from someone who has done what you are talking about.

but yeah idk i sorta do like riding 2 up and sort of dont. i like travelling with my girl, we have lots of fun, but she is not super thrilled about riding with me. i think most of it is bc im on a cbr now, and thats not comfortable for any amount of time... the way im looking at it, the busa would be more comfortable for 2 up than the cbr, but not as comfortable as like a goldwing or something lol.

;)

My .02 if you are considering changing bikes because you believe your girl will ride more don't. My FZ6 is a comfortable 2up bike but that doesn't make my wife any more or less interested in riding. Just a thought, if you want a new bike go for it, but don't change for someone who may not be interested in riding especially if you like you current bike.

What about a B-King or just fightering a crashed busa?

Lack of wind protection isn't ideal for touring, but you could pick up a touring screen and only install it for long rides.

I like the idea of stupid amounts of power. Lately TL's are appealing to me. Remember, torque > horsepower in most situations. Especially under 100mph.

That said, there is a ton of aftermarket crap available for busas. Turbo kits, nitrous kits, pointy bar-ends... :-D

• Upvote 1

Long reach to the bars for me' date=' but it's fast, ugly and expensive. Just the way I like my bikes. ;)[/quote']

It is fast, not expensive and not nearly as fugly as a Ducati Multi. I love mine, bought it new in 2007. I have over 41,000 miles on it and do 400 or 500 mile days all the time. No bar risers, do have a Corbin seat.

• Upvote 1

No mention of the FJR1300? I don't personally have any experience with these bikes, but I would like to get a sport-touring bike eventually, and from what I've read, the FJR is hard to beat.

My 919 is tough for me to go more than ~150-200 miles in a shot, and that would include a short ~10 min break about half way through, but I think I could probably do ~400-500 a day if I decided to go on a few day trip with a few breaks each day.

This statement is true. Only cocks' date=' or cock-gobblers, own FJRs. (with the exception of HueJass)

However, the fact that rollnhot also owns/rides a FZ1 (first gen, mind you.. not that lumpy faggot 2nd gen) he's exempted from said rule.[/quote']

Fucker!!!!!

:D

To be clear, are we talking NEW bike purchase, or used? An unmolested first gen busa would be a relative bargain. So would a unicorn or a leprechaun. No such thing as a stock busa, and every owner thinks their neons and chrome rims add $3k of value.

If you want a bike like that to tour on with a pillion, get the touring version. Kawasaki Connie, BMW K13/16GT, Sprint ST or Vstrom.

No sport bike is going to be pillion favorable for more than a short ride. Sport bikes have a way of putting the pillion up high and above the rider with no back rest and little in the way padding. Suspension is a bit on the stiff side and high pegs.

GT bikes will relax the pillion position and provide more baggage options.

Ducati Multistrada might be a better option or one of the BMW ST/GT bikes. FJR, ST1300, NT700 are some other not so sexy options.

Need for pillion and amount of miles for the pillion will be your defining criteria. Many bikes can tour solo but not many can carry your passenger in comfort for long distances.