WTB - Honda VFR 800 (feller post)

silentcropduster

Want to trade + $1,500 cash? lol

My bike is pretty mint for being an 05, never down, full synthetic oil, rew sprockets, chain, filter, & other mod's in sig.

honestly, it would take $10k in cash for me to give up my VFR. I'm one of those crazy ones that is too attached to it once I got it the way I wanted which its about 90% there

I love my VFR, the only problem I have had was the front cam chain tensioner went bad. Other than that just normal maintenance.

Its a bike that does everything well, but maybe not the best. Its comfortable, but not as comfy as a tourer. It is quick, but not as quick as a 600cc sportbike. I actually think it handles great. IMO its the best compromise you can get for comfort and fun.

FWIW I bought mine used but it had a custom seat on it, let me see if I can find a good picture. Its like sitting on a couch. These are from right when I brought it home a few years ago.

P1000796.jpg

P1000797.jpg

If you are worried about Ergos here is a site you can use to compare the two bikes. Judging by the site the VFR would be slightly more comfortable.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 1

thats a beautiful bike jch82 :bow: i always wanted a white,

thomas for your viewing pleasure here are some VFR video, mushy love to ruthless passion :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQq94Kle3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPrUTLoVLJ4

i second every thing jester said, jack of all trades master of none.

For 7k budget u can have a fully set up, VFR 06+ with saddlebags and suspension upgrades, seat and an exhaust (if your into that). I am moving to detroit.

i got my 2008 for the top of KBB value as it was in mint condition with less than 4k miles on it.

And i would add the main reason me going to vfr direction was for two up friendly touring bike which is not that heavy.

For eg: me and wife like to travel a lot, hit back roads twisties and eventually visit a city which we never been to, Carry lot of stuff on the hard bags, sit comfy on the flat wide seat, vfr can hussle thru the curves and is fun doing it and eventually when u come to that crowded city it still light enough to navigate them crowds easy unlike a 700+ dedicated ST. and when its all said and done and you ride solo you can just throw it around as much as your skill allows and the bike will take it. May not be as quick as dedicated inline 4 sports bike, and not as flickable and "torqy" as the light weight twins. Still lots of fun.

Its a great sounding bike, and guys have over 100k miles on them.

I wanted to trade mine in on a more sport oriented bike. But feel like whatever I get it will be missing soemthing that the VFR had. My wife doesnt ride on the back much, maybe once a month we will go somwehere but she is relatively comfy when she is on it. I am not sure how fast you ride, but I do hit my pegs on occassion which is an issue. But at the same time its nice that they are there to tell you to calm the f down.

I am not sure how fast you ride, but I do hit my pegs on occassion which is an issue. But at the same time its nice that they are there to tell you to calm the f down.

I'm pretty sure you're much quicker than me so this makes sense. The only time I've really had a problem hitting pegs is on steep uphill turns. I'm also a major wimp when it comes to the downhill side :lol:

The 06 Model I Had For Sale On Here Is At Pony Powersports For $6995. I'd Have Sold It To You For Less Than That...

I saw it and sat on it when I was there last week - it had a "SOLD" sticker on it - it did look pretty nice thou, how much did they give u for it jw? They seem like they'd try to rip u off w trade in's or anything realy lol

I agree with Jester. Here's mine loaded down for a trip my buddy and I did out to the Black Hills.

DSC01246.JPG

That's a sweet looking set up right there. I want to do the Black Hills sometime. Wanted to this year but things didn't quite work out.

I wonder if anybody in the cbus area would let me take their VFR for a spin...if they were on my bike riding right besides & I could prove that my insurance covered me on their bike.

It would only be a mile or two ride, just want to see if I like the feel of the bike.

Any takers?

That one I'd give him $7k and he should be lucky for that offer

7 would be a fair deal for that with 2009 and low miles, nothing more. 7.3 if your desperate.

then again by the end of this year you might find a 2008 with full set of OEM saddle-top bags, corbin seat plus some other add ons for a better price :cry: