4/6 Ride - SUNDAY - Who's down?

InyaAzz

My bike will probably still be in pieces come Sunday...but I figured I would start a thread for those who can and want to ride tomorrow.

No definite route...just trying to get some names/faces together for some good weather.

Post up if you wanna get together tomorrow.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be out today. Im leaving at about noon-ish. Going with my buddy Fred (ForumID Derfolicious). Meeting up with my 2nd cousin who rides a Harley. He needs to go see about a replacement rear tire so he's going up to Liberty HD on RT 8. I'll PM you my cell number.

I am still in columbus, but I should be leaving here shortly. Perhaps a late afternoon cruise through the valley and food at QSL valleyview?

I'm still at home. Gonna clean her up and leave in about an hour. I may go pick a friend up and then grab a quick bite or drink somewhere. Leave a msg if I don't answer and I'll call ya back. Call me on my cell, I'll PM it to ya.

I rode for 110 miles today, through Brecksville, Richfield, Hinkley and Brunswick. Saw at least a hundred bikes, maybe more. Good number of sportbikes. Way more cruisers. I guess one guy shook his head when my buddy waved to him, I diddn't notice it though.

It was a good ride.The roads weren't very twisty but passing a newer turbo porsche is always GREAT!Anytime you guys are going out to ride let me know,as long as I didn't offend anyone to much.

Lol, damnit i should have kept pace with you guys, i wanted to see that! I'm game for riding whenever too, just give me a call.

We saw a TON of riders, between riverside and easton, too many without helmets tho :nono:

I did about 350-400 miles today. I saw a TON of bikes everywhere I went. I had my first 848 and 08 ex250 sighting today just outside Columbus on 62.

i wanted to check out 62 today, but we nvr got a chance :( how was it? was it pretty clean...btw it was nice meeting you Tom!

i wanted to check out 62 today, but we nvr got a chance :( how was it? was it pretty clean...btw it was nice meeting you Tom!

62 was pretty clean, only 1 minor bad spot by a school. I took 161, 62, 36, 77 home. 62 was pretty sweet right between 541 and 36. I was thinking about trying 93 up instead of 77, but it was kinda shitty before winter, so it probably isn't much better now.

Tom-

I got your msg, but it was too late. I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone ..it was just stop and go for the most part. When i realized you called i was pulling into my driveway for the day.

Next time, I'll have to start the thread earlier in the week. I didn't think I was going to have my bike put back together that fast, so it was a last minute thing.

Tom-

I got your msg, but it was too late. I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone ..it was just stop and go for the most part. When i realized you called i was pulling into my driveway for the day.

Next time, I'll have to start the thread earlier in the week. I didn't think I was going to have my bike put back together that fast, so it was a last minute thing.

No problem. I ended up taking way longer to get back from Columbus anyway. We need to get a ride planned soon, but unfortunately the weather forcast looks pretty bleak for the next week or so. Suits me fine anyway, I should be studying for my cissp test instead of riding.

No problem. I ended up taking way longer to get back from Columbus anyway. We need to get a ride planned soon, but unfortunately the weather forcast looks pretty bleak for the next week or so. Suits me fine anyway, I should be studying for my cissp test instead of riding.
I've got a Checkpoint exam I need to study for too.

Nice to see you are in the same field.

Ahh..typical response. I'll have you know I am Cisco certified as well.

Don't get out much, eh?

:p

I have had nothing but problems with checkpoint stuff over the years. Only once has setting up a vpn to a checkpoint EVER gone smoothly. Ironically enough, the checkpoint admin was somewhere in latin america and didn't speak a lick of english, and everything went just fine. I've seen them have problems with Cisco, OpenBSD, Netscreen, etc.....

I'm quasi cisco certified for firewalls. I started my CCSP last year, passed SNPA, then had to reschedule SNRS 13 times due to work crap before I said fuck it. I'll maybe finish the SP this year or do the NP. Work has now learned that asking me to reschedule cert exams does not go over well with me.

I have had nothing but problems with checkpoint stuff over the years. Only once has setting up a vpn to a checkpoint EVER gone smoothly. Ironically enough, the checkpoint admin was somewhere in latin america and didn't speak a lick of english, and everything went just fine. I've seen them have problems with Cisco, OpenBSD, Netscreen, etc.....

I'm quasi cisco certified for firewalls. I started my CCSP last year, passed SNPA, then had to reschedule SNRS 13 times due to work crap before I said fuck it. I'll maybe finish the SP this year or do the NP. Work has now learned that asking me to reschedule cert exams does not go over well with me.

Just so you know, the Checkpoint guys same the same thing about Cisco firewalls. Since I work with both I feel I am a little bit qualified to speak on why this usually happens. I manage over 50 site to site VPN's, mostly with ASA's and PIX's on the other end. It usually comes down to terminology...or different ways of handling the same thing between the two manufacturers. Trust me, Cisco does their fair share of mucking shit up. If you get someone like me who understands both sides, things go smoothly (usually). My biggest problem right now is Cisco admins who don't understand their ASA and don't allow ESP or apply the right ACL to the correct interface...etc. Same thing happens on the Checkpoint side, usually with encryption domains..etc.

Anyways..enough about that. Good luck with the cert.