Shinko tires?

bandit12

I've been using 244 knobbies on the KLR with no problem other than being hard to get on the rim.

I tried a set of 009 ravens on the ex500 and once they got a few thousand miles on they cause a terrible headshake over 40mph and felt squirrley in corners, put on PR2's and everything's better now.

I think I will just kick in a little extra money and find an upper level tire. Maybe I'll luck out and I can find a tire sale like I did a couple months back when I got a Battlax BT45 for $112 out the door.

anyone that likes them are not aggressively or even spirited riding. they handle like shit in all aspects first of all. then comes the grip.

and I don't know where these guys buy tires but i've never seen a continental competitively priced with other tires in their category. they're always more expensive than a bridgestone, metzeler, pirelli, dunlop and sometimes michelin.

for example I've looked all over the place for some sport attack tires to try out. since they get really good reviews and all. the prices I keep finding are all over $320 a set. why would I bother when I can get a set of Bt-003rs bridgestones (their best street tire) for $250.

Edited by serpentracer

I think I will just kick in a little extra money and find an upper level tire. Maybe I'll luck out and I can find a tire sale like I did a couple months back when I got a Battlax BT45 for $112 out the door.

I've found great deals on discontinued tires in the past. I used to love pirelli diablo stradas, but when they discontinued them, my last couple were really cheap cause dealers just wanted to clear their inventory.

it's hard for me to take Shinko seriously when they produce tires that make colored smoke when you do a burnout.

That sounds like an awesome reason to buy them. If however you have Shinkos on your sportbike and they don't make colored smoke when you do a burnout, you should probably change them out for a better tire.

The duel sport ones are the best avail IMO. Cheap as hell and can put on any dirtbike with oem wheels AND they work good on v-stroms and KLR type bikes. Street bikes need good rubber so don't even think about it for them..

A few in the sport touring Concours group use the new Journey's and have had good things to say about them. Of course we aren't talking about berserko lean angles and tilting the horizon. But certainly rain and sprited riding while two up for distances.

We made our first trip to IP and they made it worth the 1.5 hour drive over, got a Conti Motion for 65 plus tax. That was 12 bucks cheaper than the Shinko over this way.

One shop over this way told me 183 for a Battlax 003 and they had them there for 105.

I've had three sets of Conti Motions. They stick very well, but they do wear pretty quickly. Most I ever got was 4-5000 miles. But for the price they're pretty decent.

As for Shinkos, I use the smoke bombs religiously. Who needs twisties and gap trips when you can burn up your clutch in a parking lot in a cloud of purple smoke? That's shits tight homey!